American Axle & Manufacturing, Inc. is a world leader in the manufacture, engineering, validation and design of driveline systems, chassis systems and forged products for trucks, buses, sport utility vehicles and passenger cars.
Currently, this Tier 1 automotive components supplier needs a talented individual to fill the role of a ECS Engineering Leader at our Technical Center location in Rochester Hills, MI.
- Responsible for coordination between Electronic Control System (ECS) departments (Application, Embedded Software, Validation, Mechatronics, Electronic Hardware and Vehicle Dynamics) to meet customer requirements and program timing.
- Maintain ECS Master Timing Schedule which includes embedded software release plans, validation readiness, and other milestones as defined and negotiated with internal and external ECS customers.
- Disseminates information within assigned work teams.
- Coordinate efforts between ECS and other AAM departments for flawless integration of electronic components into system products.
- Tracks timing and analyzes and reports variances to baseline and prepares exception reports.
- Provide assistance in design freeze and DV/PV testing stages that meet AAM master timing plan for prototype and production.
- Maintain all four square tracking forms.
- Participate in executive reviews with key suppliers.
- Responsible for implementing or assisting in the implementation of new ECS processes for R&D, Prototype and Production programs as pertains to program management, embedded software configuration management, Bill of Material tracking, field and warranty issues as well as resource utilizations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering required
- Minimum 7 years experience in electrical engineering field required
- Minimum 3 years knowledge of program management required
- Master’s degree with a major in engineering preferred
- 3 years cross-functional experience in Manufacturing, Engineering, Sales and Purchasing preferred
American Axle & Manufacturing, Inc. - 21 months ago
American Axle & Manufacturing (AAM) is GM's right-hand man for driveline systems and forged products. AAM manufactures axles,...