BLS- Basic Life Support
CNA- Certified Nursing Assistant
EMT - Emergency Medical Technicians
EMT-B - Emergency Medical Technician- Basic
1 year of hospital experience required
POSITION SUMMARY :
This position is responsible for assisting with procedures as delegated by the Emergency Department physicians, RN Team Lead and other health team members. Also performs vital sign assessment and documentation, triage assessment and documentation under the direct supervisor of a RN, completion of 12 EKGs, application of orthopedic devises to include traction and OCL splints, patient education with regards to the application of orthopedic devices, crutch walking, ect., assistance with wound care, ENT, orthopedic procedures, eye/ear irrigations, suture/staple removal, foley leg bag application, c-spine immobilization and bladder scanning.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES :
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES:
- The ED tech will provide assistance in the evolution and maintenance of supplies pertaining to the Emergency Department, and will assist with orientation, training and quality assurance activities for the Emergency Department.
- This individual has the ability to communicate data reflective of the patient’s status, delegated tasks and/ or functions.
- The technician must demonstrate knowledge of the principals of growth and development of the life span and appropriately inter-patient information that is relative to the patient’s age specific needs.
Excellent telephone and customer relations skills Experience with patient safety best practices preferred. Ability to maintain confidentiality regarding sensitive information Demonstrated proficient communication skills. Demonstrated excellent customer service skills.
POSITION QUALIFICATIONS :
B. Licenses, Registrations, or Certifications:
- High school diploma or GED
- Minimum of one (1) year of patient care experience required
- Previous emergent care experience preferred
- Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA), Certified Clinical Medical Assistant (CCMA) or EMT credential required
- Basic Life Support (BLS)
Seton Healthcare Family - 17 months ago
TRIAGE ASSISTANT- FT
Adventist Health System
- 4 hours ago
Seton Medical Center Harker Heights
Harker Heights, TX
Seton Healthcare Family
- 30+ days ago