The Application Development Senior Analyst on the Integration team will provide EDI design, development, unit testing, and production support for EDI related software development projects and production support activities.
• Designs, codes or configures, tests, debugs, deploys, documents and maintains large and/or complex EDI applications using HIPAA 5010 and proprietary formats while maintaining system integrity and company compliance with Healthcare regulations (i.e. HIPAA requirements).
• Gathers business requirements, translating that information into detailed technical specifications
• Validate that the proposed applications align with the architectural design and with the business needs.
• Drives process leadership for work groups, and product/service delivery strategy and work plans. May be responsible for successful completion of projects or phases of projects.
• Troubleshoot application problems, identify interdependencies, and implement new solutions.
• Provide technical guidance and expertise for program development projects assigned by management.
• Mentor and review the work of junior programmer/analysts on assigned projects.
• Must be effective and self-sufficient in working within a diverse technology portfolio, and regularly provide guidance and training to less experienced Application Development Analysts.
• Collaborates and participates as needed on any technical HIPAA compliance projects.
• Maintain database integrity and security using quality control mechanisms and system tools.
• Helps to ensure the highest level of functionality for all database environments.
• Participates in IT on-call services as needed.
• Represent Spectrum Health at applicable activities including system user groups and other health data system organizations
• Maintain professional growth and development through self-directed learning activities and involvement in professional organizations.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Education - Bachelor's degree or equivalent (Associate plus 4 years or HS plus 7 years experience)
Experience - 3 years of experience in developing and supporting Electronic Data Interchanges (EDI)
A minimum of 5 - 7 years of software development experience with C# .NET and solid object
Must have experience with SQL programming / designing relation databases, stored procedures, database functions, design tables, select statements, views, etc.(e.g. Oracle 11g / SQL Server 2008R2)
Experience with EDI Transaction Translation and Tools
Ability to quickly acquire in-depth knowledge of Facets software and managed care issues
Strong written and oral communication skills with ability to interpret and understand technical requirements
analytical skills to troubleshoot and resolve systems problems
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
Education - Master's or equivalent (Associate plus 11 years or Bachelors plus 7 years experience)
Experience - 5 years of experience developing and supporting Electronic Data Interchanges (EDI) for Health Care Payer
Experience with Web Services development
Experience with Service Oriented Architecture (SOA)
Development experience with the following EDI transactions 270, 271, 276, 277, 834, 835, and 837
Knowledgeable of HIPAA and HITECH compliance regulations
Nearest Major Market: Grand Rapids
Application Developer, Developer, Medical, Social Media, Database, Technology, Healthcare, Marketing
Priority Health - 8 months ago