GE is an equal opportunity employer, offering a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation.
GE Centricity EDI Services allows healthcare providers to send and receive Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) transactions using the internet. This position will responsible for the following activities:
- Proactively monitoring Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) submissions and troubleshooting associated submission issues
- Ownership of specific payer (healthcare insurance company) connections to assure transactions are processed within specifications, and troubleshooting associated technical issues
- Maintaining and updating connections to insurance payer’s Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) systems
- Receiving, researching, and resolving problems related to Centricity EDI Services and Centricity EDI Gateway operations
- Provide second tier assistance for other departments with resolving service issues. This includes meeting turn-around time expectations, progress updates, and providing a technical solution that solves the issue.
- Developing tools using object oriented languages to aid in troubleshooting and decrease support effort
- Creating and troubleshoot relational database queries (SQL, Oracle) to identify potential issues
- Troubleshooting EDI Gateway defects
- Developing and maintain professional relationships with service organizations at insurance payers
- Building and maintaining strong relationships with both internal and external customers
- Performing in a team environment in regards to support and coverage for each other
- Effectively managing a queue of multiple customer issues.
- Recognizing departmental and/or organizational opportunities and championing process improvement
- Staying abreast of and taking advantage of educational offerings for the role and for corporate requirements
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree (Computer Science background preferred) or equivalent work experience
- Demonstrated experience working directly with customers
- Ability to write scripts/code using object oriented languages (ex. Java, Servlets, VB and JSP).
- Experience with Relational Databases, including creating relational database queries (SQL, Oracle)
- Advanced working knowledge of PC and standard PC software, including Internet Explorer settings and properties
- You must be willing to work from the GE Healthcare office located in South Burlington, Vermont
- You must be willing to take a drug test
- You must be legally authorized to work in the United States without work sponsorship at the time of hire
- You must be willing to submit to a background investigation, including for example, verification of your past employment, criminal history, and educational background
- You must submit your resume through gecareers.com or a job board to be considered for a specific job opening
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
Apply to job
- Experience working in a healthcare setting (e.g. physician office, medical billing role, healthcare IT, etc.)
- Experience with Medical Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) transactions
- Previous or current experience with Centricity EDI (eCommerce) Services
- Experience with Communication/Encryption Technologies (BBS, FTP, FTPS, SFTP, SSH, PPP, HTTP, HTTPS, PGP, SSL, VPN).
- Experience creating, testing, and troubleshooting various VPN connections.
- Experience with Multi-Platforms (Windows, Unix variants).
- Enjoy the challenges associated with troubleshooting and providing support in a rapidly growing, new product environment.
- Have a strong desire to learn new skills and be flexible with job duties including being cross-trained on various applications and duties.
- Ability to learn new skills as needed with minimal guidance
- Ability to design/implement rapid software solutions under pressure in different scenarios/technologies.
- Self -motivated, confident and excellent customer relation skills
- Proven ability to work in a cross functional team environment
- Proven ability to quickly learn new applications, processes, and procedures
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal skill
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Willing to Travel (< 10%)
- Experience in a telephone driven customer service or help desk role
Save to cart
GE Careers - 7 months ago
What do you envision for your future? At GE Healthcare, we strive to see life more clearly. Our "healthymagination" vision for the...