NetApp is a rapidly growing business that has clearly identified the strategic importance for using its data assets as a key business enabler. A cross-functional Enterprise Data Management (EDM) program has been established to institutionalize governance and agile data management capabilities across the enterprise.
The vision of the EDM program is to establish mature data management capability that enables its data assets to facilitate growth, superior customer interactions, operational efficiency and competitive advantage. We will build trust and confidence in our data assets and deliver measurable business value.
Data Governance is a critical foundational track for our EDM program. This key role will help facilitate a common Data Governance framework with shared tools, processes, and standards across all business functions for NetApp.
This essential position will report to the Director of Enterprise Data Management in the business and play a key cross-functional leadership role to own and drive enterprise data governance for NetApp in support of the EDM program vision stated above.
As the EDM Program Chief Data Steward you will be the primary lead for cross-functional data governance. You will lead and facilitate the cross-functional Data Governance Council meetings, project plans, initiatives, and deliverables to drive process, policy, and governance supporting data quality and building trust and confidence in our data. Strong project management and communication skills, along with strong data governance competencies are keys to success in this role.
General & Administration Full time / Part time Full-time Posting Location USA - California - Sunnyvale (Corporate Headquarters) Requisition Number 20730BR
- Plan, perform, and implement process and data improvement initiatives.
- Organize, lead and facilitate cross-functional projects and program governance.
- Align and coordinate with data stewards, executive owners, and stakeholders across the business
- Drive definition and maturity of data governance policies and processes
- Ownership for the enterprise NetApp Business Glossary defining and driving ownership for key terms, measures, systems, and processes.
- Determine project cost, resource requirements, and project timing based on scope and complexity of specific projects
- Create and deliver program communications to executives and key stakeholders
- Consolidate roadmaps, business requirements, project deliverables, and status reporting for data governance initiatives
- Facilitate metric delivery that provides data for process measurement, program value contribution, and identifying indicators for future improvement opportunities
- Collect data to identify root cause of problems and help drive closed-loop corrective action process
- Deliver presentations and training courses supporting key program initiatives
- Survey, analyze and lead best practices implementation for technique and processes Job Requirements Requirements:
- Passion and energy for data governance and data quality
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; including presentation skills. Must be able to create effective written program communications.
- Program management experience coordinating and governing multiple projects.
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team environment to meet aggressive goals and pre-defined measurement criteria.
- Ability to listen to functional teams and stakeholders to help find common ground to establish agreement on tough cross-functional negotiations.
- Able to establish and maintain business relationships in a virtual and global working environment.
- Meeting planning and facilitation skills with strong documentation, organization skills with attention to details.
- Strong computer skills including: Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint.
- Creative approach to problem solving. Education and Experience Education & Experience:
- A minimum of 8 years of experience is required; 9 to 11 years of experience is preferred.
- Prior experience with Data Governance programs and initiatives
- Project Management experience with very large, enterprise programs
- Process documentation and governance experience
- A Bachelor of Arts or Sciences Degree is required or equivalent experience.
- Demonstrated ability to have completed multiple, complex technical projects. Posting Category Business Operations
NetApp - 22 months ago
Careers at NetApp
At NetApp, your expertise is what drives our growing success
NetApp is the ideal place to give your career a boost....