Work among the best. We are a top 25 employer in the metro area offering a wide array of career opportunities within our organization. We have a leading reputation for patient care, medical education, research, and community service. We value and respect the talented, committed, and diverse people who make up our hospital; they are our most important strength. The hospital offers very competitive wages and an outstanding benefit package.
We currently have an opening for an Education Specialist.
* Designs/implements the department competency assessment processes and ongoing competency validation program.
* Documents performance management data processes according to hospital, nursing department, and human resources standards.
* Facilitates the technical competency of staff.
* Participates in the development and review of department standards and improvement of outcomes through staff education.
* Demonstrates effective working relationships among departments to achieve desired educational outcomes.
* Presents/facilitates formal learning activities (lecture, group discussion, case studies, etc.) Will oversee and assist with nursing orientation, staff development, competencies, and continuing education.
* Bachelor's degree in Nursing. Master's in Nursing/Education is preferred.
* Kansas RN license.
* 3-5 years hospital clinical experience; project management experience preferred.
* MSN preferred.
* Previous experience in education, staff development or program development is preferred.
* AHA Instructor is desirable.
* Must have an American Heart Association basic life support (BLS) or an American Red Cross CPR for the Professional Rescuer certification.
The University of Kansas Hospital - 11 months ago