After nearly a century of protecting people and building futures, Pekin Insurance is dedicated to go beyond. Beyond the expected®. Our rule is golden: Give our customers what we would want ourselves. Give them service that goes the extra mile and products that meet both today’s need as well as tomorrow’s. Give our customers the financial stability that provides what we all want in today’s world: peace of mind.
Pekin Insurance is one of the top Property & Casualty insurance companies in the United States and ranks 111th out of 3,000 companies which puts us in the top 4% of Property & Casualty insurance companies in the nation. Pekin Insurance also ranks 140th out of 900 Life insurance companies in the nation—making Pekin Life in the top 16%. In the Midwest, Pekin Insurance boasts more than 850,000 policyholders and offers a broad portfolio of products sold by an independent agency force.
Our over 700 Home Office and Service Office employees lead by example in a team-effort environment where each member takes part in the decision-making process, while remaining committed to going Beyond the expected® in all their endeavors.
For more information, visit www.pekininsurance.com
This position is responsible for organizing all lines of home office, regional, funeral directors and credit life courses and seminars. In addition, coordinates schedules for Training Manager and Assistant Training Manager.
• Organizes in-house and regional seminars. Which includes: setting up dates and locations; creating and/or ordering flyers, preparing outlines, booklets, and any other material needed; promotion of classes, scheduling speakers, arranging cookouts, and overnight travel for attendees, or Training Manager and Assistant Training Manager if regional, and maintains computer records of attendees.
• Learns and understands all of the laws, guidelines, continuing education requirements and regulations, and rules of the Commissioner of Insurance for Illinois, Iowa, Indiana, Ohio, Arizona, Wisconsin and any other states as needed. Attend department of Insurance meetings in each states as needed.
• Submits continuing education credits, renews courses, and reports student completion of course to each state. Also submits proper forms, outlines and course fees for each state as well as forms for renewal courses and payment of course fees.
• Responds to agent inquiries by telephone and mail regarding classes, the agents library, and explanation of laws and regulations for continuing education credits.
• Maintains the agent library via the Internet. Monitors the incoming and outgoing of library material, orders new material, and takes inventory.
• Registers Field Representative and Managers for CIC classes. Also monitors their educational progress.
• Updates Personal Lines and Commercial Lines Manuals, FC&S Bulletins, Life & Health Manuals, Businessowners Manuals, and Public Protections Classification Manuals.
• Orders books from vendors for Department managers in Claims, Commercial and Personal Lines Underwriting for employee training, as well as, books, videos, and cassettes for Training Instructors via the Internet.
• Submits payment for training material, and CIC and LUTC yearly renewals for Training Manager, Sales Manager, and Field Managers.
• Processes Resolution of ASI Continuing Education Error Reports and submits to the ASI.
• Handles mail and distributes to Training Instructors.
• Maintain and update department procedure manual on a regular basis.
• All other duties as assigned.
Education/Skills and Experience:
• High School Diploma or Equivalent office experience.
• Knowledge of computer systems including word processing software, spreadsheets, and the Internet.
• Strong typing and data entry skills required.
• Mostly works in a normal office environment, however occasionally will be required to set-up the Lodge for Cook-outs after classes and any other events involving the training department as needed.
• This position requires the individual to sit for long periods of time, could be up to eight hours a day; however, the incumbent will sometimes be required to stand and walk for long periods of time.
• Speaking and hearing ability sufficient to carry on a conversation with other individuals in person and over the telephone.
• Visual ability sufficient to read written information and computer displays for long periods of time.
• Health, Dental & Vision Plan
• 401(k) with Company Match
• Flexible Spending Account
• Tuition Reimbursement
• Vacation Time and Paid Holiday
• Life Insurance
• Long-Term Disability Insurance
• Employee Assistance Program
• Employee Discounts on Auto and Homeowners policies
• On-Site Café
WE SELL PROTECTION AND HELP BUILD FUTURES. AT PEKIN INSURANCE, WE PROVIDE PEACE OF MIND AND LONG-TERM SECURITY FOR OUR POLICYHOLDERS,...