***There are currently two positions open. The hours for these positions will be Monday-Friday, one 9:30am-6:30pm/7:00am-4:00am and the other 8:30am - 5:30pm ***
Under the direction of the Director and Lead Teacher, the PreSchool Teacher will accept the philosophy of the classroom, and will work as part of the teaching team to encourage a positive learning environment for all children within the center.
Provides a variety of materials and resources for children to explore, manipulate and use, both in learning activities and in imaginative play.*
- Attends to children's basic needs by feeding them, dressing them, soothing them, entertaining them and changing their diapers.*
- Establishes and enforces rules for behavior, and procedures for maintaining order.*
- Organizes and leads activities designed to promote physical, mental and social development, such as games, arts and crafts, music, storytelling, and field trips.*
- Observes and evaluates children's performance, behavior, social development, and physical health.*
- Identifies children showing signs of emotional, developmental, or health-related problems, and discusses them with supervisors, parents or guardians, and child development specialists.*
- Meets with parents and guardians to discuss their children's progress and needs, determines their priorities for their children, and suggests ways that they can promote learning and development.*
- Responsible for developing curriculum to help in the education and development of the children.*
- Possesses good communication skills and has the ability to work as a team member with all departments and other teachers.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- EEC certified for Preschool required
- 2+ years of early childhood experience
- Understanding of developmentally appropriate practice in early childhood education and the ability to use it in the classroom
- Ability to respond appropriately in an emergency situation required
- Ability to be flexible in work assignemtn and work hours required
- CPR/First Aid Certification or willingness to obtain desired
Directly supervises employees. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 35 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to taste or smell. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance and travel.
At The Children's Workshop we're not a large company with a cookie-cutter approach. Each of our programs is unique and designed to reflect...