We encourage play time during work hours!
Join The Children's Workshop team and help create childhood memories
At The Children's Workshop our programs are warm and nurturing and bring out the best in children. The hallmarks of our programs, which range from infant to before and after school care, are creativity, flexibility and of course, FUN! We live by our motto - "Where Learning is Child's Play" - explore our website to learn more about what makes The Children's Workshop a great place to work!
In our staff we value creativity, a positive attitude, and motivation to create safe, developmentally appropriate learning opportunites for children. If you are passionate in the field of early childhood and want to make a difference in the early years of a child's life The Children's Workshop is the place to be!
The Teachers in our program is instrumental in the development during a child's first years. As part of our team the Teacher will work side by side of our Lead Teacher in carrying out developmentally appropriate activities. Essential tasks for the Teacher include but are not limited to:
- Attends to children's basic needs by feeding them, dressing them, soothing them, entertaining them and changing their diapers.
- Establishes and enforces rules for behavior.
- Organizes and leads activities designed to promote physical, mental and social/emotional development.
- Observes and evaluates children's performance, behavior, social development, and physical health.
- Identifies children showing signs of emotional, developmental, or health-related problems, and discusses them with supervisors, parents or guardians, and child development specialists.
- Meets with parents and guardians to discuss their children's progress and needs, determines their priorities for their children, and suggests ways that they can promote learning and development.
- Participate in developing curriculum to help in the education and development of the children.
- Possesses good communication skills and has the ability to work as a team member with all departments and other teachers.
- Associates or Bachelors degree preferred (may be working toward it)
- Infant/Toddler or Lead Teacher certified by the Department of Early Education and Care (Massachusetts) required
- 2+ years experience in an early childhood teaching environment
- Understanding of developmentally appropriate practice in early childhood education and the ability to use it in the classroom
Work Environment/Physical Demands:
- Ability to respond appropriately in an emergency situation required
- Ability to be flexible in work assignment and work hours required
- CPR/First Aid Certification or willingness to obtain desired
- Excellent communication skills and customer service skills
- Must be able to work as a member of a team
- The work environment is primarily in a Center environment, occasionally field trips out of the Center are required. The noise level in the Center is usually moderate.
- Must be able to lift and/or move up to 35 pounds
- Stand up to 90% of the day
- Stoop, kneel, sit on floor
- Have the agility to move from a seated position to a standing position promptly to respond to emergency situations
- Perform all activities with children, for example, dancing, walking, running, etc. for extended periods of time
- May be required to be outdoors for, depending upon activities and season
- Must possess acceptable hearing and visual capabilities in order to monitor the environment and children's well being
- Must be able to excel in a continuously changing environment and be able to respond appropriately and frequently to the changing needs of children
- Must be flexible and be able to respond quickly and appropriately to changing situations
- Work hours may vary to meet the needs of the children
There's Always Room To Grow... Come Grow Along with Us!
Benefits We Offer
Medical and Dental Insurance
Flexible Spending Accounts
Generous Paid Time Off
Paid Day Off for Your Birthday
Child Care Reimbursement
and many more!
The Children's Workshop is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
The Children's Workshop - 19 months ago
At The Children's Workshop we're not a large company with a cookie-cutter approach. Each of our programs is unique and designed to reflect...