Job Responsibilities: Responsible for building an EH&S culture with an unconditional stance on Safety. Will lead the development, implementation, and evaluation of Safety & Health processes/programs/procedures in order to achieve a zero-injury environment. Provide leadership and apply technical abilities to engage employees at all levels of the organization in order to sustain world-class EH&S process.
· Develop and implement EH&S training programs in a coordinated effort with appropriate plant personnel.
- Establish and progress facility EHS goals to align with division and corporate goals. Most significantly changing safety culture and achieving a world-class safety process.
- Develop and manage plant Strategic Action Plans and deliver on all commitments.
- Coach, mentor, and direct plant personnel in order to develop positive EH&S mindset.
· Oversee legal compliance and adherence to company EH&S policies and processes.
· Oversee safety policies, systems and processes to ensure Federal and local compliance as required.
- Lead and manage visible risk and adherence to OSHA regulations. Must be able to provide expert technical support in identifying and resolving critical regulatory issues.
· Ensure effective management of all safety incidents to avoid litigation, third party and union intervention. For any safety incidents, ensure proper investigation, root cause analysis, communication and aggressive action planning to prevent future repeat incidents.
· Calculate and report emissions to EPA and various regulatory bodies.
- Manage Environmental permitting in relation to air, water, waste water, and radiation.
- BS in Health, Safety, Environmental Engineering or related discipline required.
- MS a major plus.
- CSP not required but will garner greater attention.
- 5 + years experience in EH&S field required.
- 2 + years experience in EH&S leadership role required.
- 3 + years of hands-on experience in a manufacturing environment required.
- Proven experience managing Behavior Based Safety programs and 1910 General Industry standards.
- Background taking a site through VPP certification a major plus.
- Environmental permitting experience a major plus.
FPCNational - 17 months ago