Responsible for supporting the development of clinical information systems that assist clinicians in the delivery of patient care by writing reports and queries to retrieve information. Participates as a member of the EHR Steering Committee in representing the needs and requirements of the physician community and serves as an advocate of management in promoting the use of information technology in the clinical setting. Works closely with the CMIO, CIO, Project Manager and the Application Support Trainers to deliver working programs in support of clinical decision support and custom programming. Experience with NextGen EHR desired,
• Writes reports and programs in support of Clinical Decision Support.
• Experience with NextGen EHR software desirable.
• Maintain and support software interfaces to various related products and databases.
• Familiar with industry standard reporting tools including Crystal Reports, SQL, and/or similar programming tools.
• Coordinate data flow between software products in support of Clinical and Financial applications.
• Develop a working knowledge of all applications within the CVC organization.
• Create, develop, implement and maintain the appropriate programs within the I.S. group and the EHR team.
• Responsible for maintaining, upgrading, and testing new and existing software applications
• As deemed necessary, modify software applications according to specific departmental requirements and needs
• Deploy new applications, products, and/or enhancements to existing software applications throughout the CVC organization.
• Provides routine status and project reports to management and co-workers as needed.
• Responsible for the documentation of necessary programs and reporting tools.
• Assist in process design changes for these applications.
• Other duties and/or special projects as assigned
Qualification & Requirements:
• Knowledge of system to system interfaces including HL7 and SQL scripting.
• Minimum one year of work experience, ideally in a health care setting; Ability to assume sole and independent responsibility for various assigned projects and tasks;
• Ability to exercise discretion and independent judgment with respect to significant matters;
• Strong interpersonal skills including the ability to work well with people with different backgrounds;
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail;
• Ability to work on several projects simultaneously;
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
• Strong analytical skills with the ability to focus on detail;
• Ability to complete projects with tight deadlines and time constraints;
• Skills necessary to obtain EHR -certified trainer-level knowledge and complete understanding of the latest version of the EHR application;
• Solid understanding of the implementation process and the various interdependencies between operations and technology both internal and external;
• Proficient in the following Microsoft Office applications, including Outlook, Excel, and Word; proficiency with PowerPoint, Access, and Project; and an understanding of Visio;
• Strong ability to identify potential issues and participate in their resolution;
• Excellent problem solving and investigative skills;
• Excellent organization and time management skills.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25-50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
• Bachelor of Arts or Science degree;
Golden Valley Health Centers - 19 months ago