The Electronic Health Record (EHR) Product Specialist is the product liaison between our community physicians and internal stakeholders. Will successfully translate stakeholder needs to technical requirements in numerous activities including projects, system upgrades and functionality enhancements. As the internal business-end and system expert, will maintain the role as the EHR subject matter expert (SME). Will provide leadership in system functionality, use and best practices.
- Works closely with organizational clinical and technical leaders in strategy for all EHR-related products
- Provides product/utilization expertise and continuously assess community needs to ensure EHR product offering meets current and future organizational and industry goals
- Continuously reviews and prioritizes upgrades, enhancements and new functionalities based on end-user benefits, organizational goals, market trends and release schedules
- Is the liaison between clinical and technical leaders to balance clinical needs and technical feasibility
- Leads coordination of all functional testing
- Develops testing scenarios and document/communicate all testing requirements
- Develops functional and business requirements for all enhancements
- Provides consolatory services to internal stakeholders in various initiatives and forums including physician advisory committee and workflow redesign
- Trains trainers, workflow analysts and other internal stakeholders on upgrades, enhancements and new functionalities
- Participates and manage user groups and advisory committees
- Communicates through various forums product changes internally and externally
- Minimum of five years experience with ambulatory healthcare systems
- Bachelors degree or equivalent combination of education and professional experience.
- Advanced training, support or experience in information systems applications required, preferably with an EHR
- Must have expert knowledge of physician practice clinical operations
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Excellent analytic and organizational skills
- Strong understanding of a "team dynamic" and the ability to lead groups
- Ability to demonstrative supportive relationships with peers, clients, partners and leadership
- Ability to anticipate problems and take decisive action, giving regard to impact on all stakeholders
- Must have the ability to manage competing priorities in a complex and dynamic environment
- Ability to devise creative business solutions
- Must be able to convey a strong presence and professional image
- Ability to be self-directed and work independently
- Experience with Allscripts solutions preferred
- Technical expertise in Electronic Health Records functionality and configuration
- Physician practice clinical and business operation
- Subject Matter Expert for all Electronic Health Records initiatives including break/fix, upgrades, enhancements and new functionality
- Clinical and operational workflow expertise
- Strong customer service skills
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Brown & Toland, based in San Francisco, is an independent practice association (IPA) of more than 850 community physicians serving...