Objective of Position:
Assist in the coordination, development and implementation of plant safety/health programs. Assist in the administration of the plant environmental compliance programs in support of regulations, guidelines, and standards. This person will report to the Environmental Health and Safety Manager.
1. Provide environmental, health and safety leadership and support to plant operations.
2. Support the development and sustainment of the health and safety management program.
3. Coordinate and direct the implementation of the health and safety management program.
4. Ensure compliance with OSHA and other regulatory requirements.
5. Manage workers compensation program.
6. Support health and safety management initiatives as a member of the Joint Safety Committee.
7. Lead the facility level safety committee.
8. Partner with Human Resources to develop and implement health and safety performance measurements.
1. Four year degree in safety or related field preferred; or 5 years of experience in a safety support role.
2. Experience developing and delivering training programs.
3. Understanding of safety in a manufacturing setting.
4. Possess a passion for the safety of all employees.
Personal Trait Profile:
1. “Hands on" leader
2. Proficient computer skills in MS Office and database programs
3. Excellent communication skills – verbal and written
4. Ability to function effectively within all levels of the organization
6. Ability to work autonomously
Trail King Industries Inc - 13 months ago