EHS INDUSTRIAL HYGIENE FIELD SERVICES SPECIALIST
LOCATION: NORTH HOUSTON, TX
# of OPENINGS: 4
Total Safety, the leading global outsourced provider of integrated safety and compliance solutions and products, is looking for several Industrial Hygiene Field Services Specialists whose responsibilities will include managing industrial hygiene projects, including staffing and logistics, for assigned clientele, in addition to other general duties as covered below.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Recognize, evaluate and control health and environmental hazards.
- Collect exposure data and relevant documentation pertaining to potential health and environmental concerns.
- Interpret data relative to health significance and environmental impact.
- Prepare and present health and environmental information to clients.
- Organize and oversee the preparation and presentation of health and environmental reports to clients.
- Manage industrial hygiene projects including staffing and logistics.
- P repare and review industrial hygiene SOP’s and training programs.
- Oversee the interpretation and calculations of monitoring results.
- Research health and environmental regulations .
- Communicate with laboratory contacts to establish monitoring & analytical methods.
- Review project paperwork for technical and scientific accuracy.
- Oversee the preparation and presentation of health and environmental reports to clients.
- Execution of field work assignments.
- Equipment calibration and use.
- Proper field form documentation for reporting purposes.
- Communication with supervisory and project managers for all aspects of work load.
- Safe work practices in compliance with Total Safety policies and procedures.
- Preparation of project JSA’s prior to starting field related activities for inclusion in project files.
- Assessment of personal hours worked and possible OT for Project Management approval.
- Preparation of data tables and data sheet completion while in the field.
- Lab sample shipment and chain of custody.
- Confirming proper media and equipment is up to date with factory calibration.
- Bachelors of Science degree and/or previously stated experience requirement.
- Seven years of IH experience under the direct supervision of a CIH and/or Bachelors of Science.
- Must have the ability to pass Asbestos AMT, C/S, and BI accreditation classes.
- Must have the ability to pass the 582 PCM analysis class.
- Must have the ability to pass a pulmonary function tests and wear respiratory protection.
- Must be an effective communicator, extremely organized and detail oriented.
- Must be able to immediately respond to any requests or complaints made by clients.
- Must have the ability to solve problems and make accurate and informed decisions with limited input from others.
- Must be able to grasp technical and scientific information quickly.
- Must be able to supervise industrial hygiene technicians.
- Experience and skills in the use of a personal computers and extensive knowledge of Microsoft applications.
- Must have the ability to lift up to 50 lbs, climb and wear safety harness.
HOW TO APPLY:
- Salary is commensurate with experience.
- Medical, Prescription Drug, Dental and Vision insurance coverage on a cost-sharing basis.
- Basic group term life, accidental death & dismemberment, and short and long-term disability insurance.
- Voluntary program of additional group term life insurance (and AD&D) is also available.
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with matching.
- Generous vacation plan, holiday schedule and sick-time benefit plan.
Apply online at Total Safety U.S., Inc. career center. ( www.totalsafety.com ) Search for this job by location, complete online application and attach your resume, cover letter, and any other pertinent documents.
UNSOLICITED RESUMES WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED