Job Responsibilities: Administer EHS programs in accordance with governmental and company requirements, and serve as a technical resource on safety/health, environmental and other related issues. Understand and actively participate in EH&S responsibilities by following established policy, procedures, training and team member involvement activities.
- Develops and manages the facility's EHS Program to be in compliance with local, state and federal EHS requirements, as well as our internal EHS requirements. The goal is for the EHS program to progress to world class level.
- Works with employees at all levels at the facility, from the exempt to nonexempt. A strong and visible presence on the shop floor is expected.
- Interacts directly with the Regional EHS Director and other facility leaders in the implementation and execution of the Annual EHS Action Plan and division EHS projects.
- Coordinate facility safety and health program in accordance with company’s Safety & Health Policies and Procedures requirements, as measured through their OSHME process.
- Coordinate facility environmental program in accordance with Environmental Policy and Procedures, and all applicable governmental regulations, as measured through the EMSE process.
- Serve as a technical advisor to facility management on matters involving EHS issues, and other related issues. Activities where this role will occur will include equipment purchases, maintenance activities, and AFE project implementation / approval.
- Conduct, monitor and provide support to facility's EHS training programs to ensure all requirements of EHS policies and procedures and applicable state and federal regulations are addressed.
- Work with HR to manage Worker Compensation claim activities, provide requested information and notification to the designated Worker' Compensation insurance company representative, and the Workers’ Compensation Administrator.
- Work with Engineering and Maintenance to Manage site Property Loss Prevention activities; provide requested information and notification to the designated Property Loss Prevention insurance company representative.
- Understand and actively participate in EH&S responsibilities by following established policy, procedures, training and team member involvement activities.
- Bachelors in Occupational Safety, Environmental Management or similar degree required.
- 3 + years of experience in EHS field.
- 5 + years of experience in manufacturing environment.
- Ability to create site specific strategies and drive subsequent action plans to meet requirement results.
- Experience in basic EHS program requirements, including accident investigation, ergonomics, industrial hygiene, life safety, machine guarding, air permitting, wastewater, hazardous waste, property conservation, and workers' compensation.
- CSP, ASP, CHMM or similar certifications major plus.
- Ability to influence others at all levels of the organization.
- Application and integration of EHS with Lean, MVP, and/or six sigma principles preferred.
FPCNational - 2 years ago