Our client, a world-leader in the chemical industry, is seeking applicants for an Environmental, Industrial Hygiene and Safety (EHS) Team Member at the Sparks, GA chemical manufacturing facility. This position involves direct support of all aspects of the site EHS program. Key elements include Title V Air Permit, Spill Prevention Control and Countermeasures (SPCC) Plan, Accident/Incident Investigations, Industrial Hygiene Monitoring, EHS Training, Process Hazard Analyses (PHAs), Hazardous Waste Management, agency reporting and interface, and overall EHS compliance management.
The position provides technical support for environmental, industrial hygiene and safety (EHS) compliance activities for the New Jersey sites through a shared services concept.
Principal Responsibilities :
- Responsible for providing technical and regulatory expertise to maintain EHS compliance.
- Responsible for facilitating the sharing of programs, procedures, tools, and successfully demonstrated practices within the EHS Community.
- Responsible for implementation and operation of EHS standardized processes and administration of related electronic systems.
- Responsible for developing effective working relationships with site management, employees, and the EHS community to drive continuous improvement in EHS performance.
- Provide input in identifying and tracking appropriate KPI's, and assessing EHS performance.
- Maintain records and prepare various EHS reports for assigned unit(s).
- Serve as a member of the Leadership Team
The individual needs to have knowledge of EHS requirements. Basic knowledge of chemical manufacturing is preferred.
- Maintain and monitor EHS compliance programs while optimizing the effectiveness and efficiency of the programs.
- Maintain written EHS programs and procedures.
- Provide governance and oversight of EHS program.
- Participate in Process Hazards Analysis activities and participate in technical review of process changes as necessary.
- Lead and/or participate in investigation and root cause analysis for accident/ incidents as needed.
- Participate in capital project reviews consistent with the level of EHS expertise needed.
- Support the site in with emphasis on hazard recognition, job hazard analysis, etc.
- Provide input to Corporate Manager and interface with regulatory agencies, as needed, on compliance and/or enforcement issues.
- Active participation with the EHS Community.
Bachelor's degree, preferably in Engineering or Science, is required. Minimum three years experience in implementing environmental, industrial hygiene and safety (EHS) programs is required EHS experience in a manufacturing arena preferred. Environmental, industrial hygiene and safety regulatory knowledge is required. Experience with hazard recognition, job hazard analysis and Process Hazards Analysis is a plus. Basic computer skills (ex. Spreadsheets, word processing, database management) are essential. Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required. Ability to interact with site level manufacturing/business management, community, elected officials and non government organizations and state and federal regulatory agencies is required. Applicants with Certified Safety Professional (CSP), Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH) and/or Certified Hazardous Material Managers (CHMM) certifications are desired.