Total Safety, the leading global outsourced provider of integrated safety and compliance solutions and products is looking for a seasoned EHS Operations Manager. The EHS Operations Manager reports directly to the General Manager and has profit and loss responsibility for the EHS business. This position is directly accountable for operational performance and sales and marketing strategies for all EHS services. This entails providing Corporate Management with annual business plans that address financial forecasting of projected revenues and operational issues contingent on meeting the company’s mission, goals, and objectives.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Coordinates and develops an annual business plan for submittal and inclusion in the company’s overall business plan. Additionally provides long-term business growth and expansion forecasting.
• Provides corporate management with monthly forecasting of projected revenue and expenses along with monthly financial reports that includes a three month pipeline of expected revenues, major projects ongoing, proposed or lost.
• Establish metrics to measure financial performance, monitor performance and implement process changes as needed to meet financial performance goals.
• Assure timely collection of revenue. Participate in monthly AR reviews. Facilitate collection process in organization.
• Provides corporate management with annual budget submittals and financial data analysis including financial auditing information.
• Conducts analysis of financial data and discussion of same with all line managers to ensure sound financial management at all levels.
• Ensures that implementation of operational budgets are in accordance with established spending guidelines.
Works closely with sales account managers and strategic business development manager to develop and support sales.
• Client retention – monitor sales and losses
• Assist with development of sales plan
• Establish and monitor rate structures
• Facilitate proposal and job tracking
Education and Experience: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in a related field and three (10+) years industrial experience or equivalent combination of education and experience. Must have experience in a Health & Safety environment within an industrial service, refining, petrochemical or manufacturing environment.
Other Required Skills:
• Operational management experience including history of managing budgets, generating revenues and controlling expenses.
• Strategic, able to translate market needs into operational business plans.
• Strong commercial skills with experience leading sales and or marketing organizations preferably in an EHS service environment.
• Understanding of technical service offerings and experience serving clients in the oil and gas, chemical, petrochemical, pulp & paper and/or power/utility sectors.
• Knowledge of environmental, industrial hygiene and safety regulations in US including an understanding of education and experience requirements to provide EHS service offerings.
PERSONAL SKILLS AND CHARACTERISTICS
• Maintains a high state of integrity and professionalism in carrying out the duties and responsibilities of this position.
• Proactive communication style with oral and written communication skills that demonstrates analytical thinking and the ability to deliver a clear, persuasive message.
• A passionate leader, who is motivated to develop people and create high performing teams.
• A team player, whose natural style is to collaborate and place personal agendas secondary to the needs of the organization,
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, stoop and bend. Uses hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
Splits time between office and shop or field locations. Travels to other facilities in assigned area as needed.
Total Safety U.S., Inc. - 9 months ago