Responsible for monitoring and interpreting laws and regulations with respect to environmental protection, worker safety, industrial hygiene and other related areas.
Will assist location with overall regulatory compliance, adherence to the location’s safety and environmental policies.
Oversee the facilities’ safety and environmental programs including, air permitting, water discharges and hazardous waste.
Will assist the location in the development and implementation of corporate OSHA safety compliance, statistical safety analysis and process safety management systems.
This position will play a key part in reducing injuries at the location using various behavioral based safety techniques (i.e.: STOP, TAKE Two, etc.)
Develop efficient safety processes, management systems and training programs to ensure compliance with applicable regulations.
Develops and maintains the location’s safety programs with the intention of reducing lost time accidents and ensuring OSHA compliance.
Analysis of location’s safety statistics and implementation of the safety policy through behavioral based systems.
Participate as required in representing the location at local trade association meetings, legal hearings, advisory groups and related activities.
Minimize the wastes generated, helping to ensure a smaller carbon footprint.
Search Words: EHS/Safety Team Leader, EHS Engineer, Safety Engineer, Safety Manager
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer F/M/D/V
- Bachelors’ degree in Safety, Chemical or Industrial Engineering, Occupational Safety or a related field is required, Master’s preferred.
- 7+ years of experience implementing safety management systems in a manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge of general OSHA regulations is required and OSHA general industry training certificate desired.
- Strong technical writing and computer literacy is required and proficient in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Outlook.
- Strong interpersonal, presentation and verbal communication skills are required.
- Knowledge and experience in behavioral based safety is desirable, including the DuPont STOP program
- Knowledge, training and experience in Process Safety Management is required
- A Certified Safety Professional (CSP) certification or Certified Hazardous Materials Manager (CHMM) is desirable.
- Certified CPR/First Aid/AED and Bloodborne Pathogens desired.
- Knowledge of paint or chemical manufacturing is desirable.
- Training and experience working in a team environment is desirable.
SYSTEM ACCESSIBILITY STATEMENT:
Benjamin Moore & Coendeavors to make applying for open positions accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website, or need assistance completing the application process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org . Please note that we will reply only to inquiries regarding system accessibility and will not respond to any other inquiries sent to this email address.
Benjamin Moore - 5 months ago
Not only can you paint the town red with Benjamin Moore paints, you can stain and finish it as well. In addition to ready-mixed colors --...