Responsible for monitoring and interpreting laws and regulations with respect to environmental protection, worker safety, industrial hygiene and other related areas.
Will assist location with overall regulatory compliance, adherence to the location’s safety and environmental policies.
Oversee the facilities’ environmental programs including, air permitting, water discharges and hazardous waste.
Will assist the location in the development and implementation of corporate OSHA safety compliance, statistical safety analysis and process safety management systems.
This position will play a key part in reducing injuries at the location using various behavioral based safety techniques (i.e.: STOP, TAKE Two, etc.)
Develop efficient processes, management systems and training programs to ensure compliance with applicable regulations.
Develops and maintains the location’s safety programs with the intention of reducing lost time accidents and ensuring OSHA compliance.
Analysis of location’s safety statistics and implementation of the safety policy through behavioral based systems.
Participate as required in representing the location at local trade association meetings, legal hearings, advisory groups and related activities.
Minimize the wastes generated, helping to ensure a smaller carbon footprint.
- Bachelors’ degree in Safety, Chemical or Industrial Engineering, Occupational Safety or a related field is required, Master’s preferred.
- 5 to 7 years of experience implementing safety management systems in a manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge of general OSHA regulations is required.
- Knowledge of Massachusetts regulation entitled, “ Hazardous Material Process or Processing ,” 527 CMR 33
- Strong technical writing and computer literacy is required.
- Strong interpersonal, presentation and verbal communication skills are required.
- Knowledge and experience in behavioral based safety is desirable, including the DuPont STOP program
- Knowledge, training and experience in Process Safety Management is required
- A Certified Safety Professional (CSP) certification or Certified Hazardous Materials Manager (CHMM) is desirable.
- Knowledge of paint or chemical manufacturing is desirable.
- Training and experience working in a team environment is desirable.
- Travel to meetings and facility locations is required (approx. 10% travel)
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer F/M/D/V
ONLINE APPLICATION SYSTEM ACCESSIBILITY STATEMENT
Benjamin Moore & Coendeavors to make our career page and applying for open positions accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact us at email@example.com
Not only can you paint the town red with Benjamin Moore paints, you can stain and finish it as well. In addition to ready-mixed colors --...