The key role of this Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) position is to move from learning and assisting others to contributing independently.
At this level, EHS professionals begin providing technical guidance within and between units and other teams.
Ability to gather relevant information, compare and contrast data, identify relationships and predict and manage failures is critical.
Opportunities include challenging the status quo and championing new initiatives, collaborating with team members and other teams, and keeping abreast of advancing technology and regulations.
Decisions may affect the work group or project team, suppliers, multiple units and both internal and external customers.
Representative Activities include:
- Identifies applicable EHS regulations and evaluates impact to the facility
- Performs inspections and tests to verify compliance.
- Identifies existing and potential EHS problems.
- Participates in developing corrective measures.
- Develops procedures to assure continuing compliance with regulations and organization standards.
- Develops management systems for EHS functions
- Participates on teams to ensure compliance with organization and government EHS standards.
- Performs EHS audits.
- Develops EHS training programs.
- Completes reports for submission to various government agencies.
- A degree in an appropriate scientific discipline is required.
- Incumbents have usually gained 1 to 3 years EHS experience and have exhibited ability to work on increasingly more complex assignments.
- Must have ability to communicate effectively with team members and others in the work group, as well as employees in other units, customers and suppliers.
- Experience working with a different unit or working with different products, processes or systems is desirable.
Caterpillar is not currently hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future require sponsorship for employment based non-immigrant and immigrant visas. However, as a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website
Where will you take your career?
Where do you want to go?
You can continue to learn, grow and contribute within one company, Caterpillar.
Caterpillar is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Mar 1, 2013, 1:00:00 AM
United States-Wisconsin-Prentice-PRENTICE01-CAT Forest Products WI
For more than 85 years, Caterpillar has been making sustainable progress possible — for our customers, for growing communities and for...