Responsible for work in a wide range of environmental, health and safety disci¬plines to achieve compliance with the organization’s EHS stan¬dards and with federal and state regulatory requirements. Reviews, interprets and advises management on safety problems. Has complete understanding of safety principles, concepts, practices, standards and regulations. Reviews plant safety procedures and make recommendations for updates according to laws and regulations and good power plant practices. This role is responsible for driving continuous improvement and best practices. Assists in developing and conducts em¬ployee training, emergency preparedness and qual¬ity assurance programs. Prepares and maintains all necessary environmental compliance documents and records.
• Developing general knowledge.
• Developing use and/or application of basic principles, theories and concepts.
• Basic familiarity with knowledge area, staff, technologies, services, and practices.
• Makes decisions regarding own work within defined parameters.
• Regularly contributes useful ideas for own work area.
• Works on problems of limited scope.
• Follows standard practices and procedures.
• General instructions on routine work, detailed instructions on new assignments.
• May coordinate efforts of others.
• Basic communication – delivers information to individuals within defined parameters.
• High School Diploma and attendance in trade school, military service or equivalent
• Requires a minimum of 2 years of related experience.
Calpine - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard
Calpine may get hot, but it also knows how to blow off some steam. In 2012 the independent power producer and marketer controlled...