Global Leading Automotive Manufacturer looking for a dynamic individual to impact the EHS function within the organization. This position will require an individual that has a passion for safety and the ability to have a strong influential impact on the organizational safety goals.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF EHS SPECIALIST:
- Conduct Hazardous Communication training to meet plant and compliance requirements.
- Monthly EPE and SWPP inspection and reporting
- Annual SWPP, air permit, SARA title iii form r, and tier ii reporting
- Conduct annual internal EH&S audit for the plants.
- Address and follow up of daily safety issues and concerns
- Address Conflict Materials/Human Rights concerns
- Conduct accident investigations to determine root cause. Document investigation finds and participate in disciplinary process related to safety.
- Address ergonomic issues and correct through engineering and maintenance groups
- Maintain company emergency action plan and coordination
- Arrange and conduct PPE assessment, confined space assessment, noise survey, industrial hygiene survey.
- Maintains MSDS books and keep them up to date along with reviewing MSDS sheets of proposed materials.
- Monitor HFR labeling of containers on production floor to assure compliance.
- Review new equipment installation to address EH&S concerns
- Leads OSHA inspections on behalf of the plant.
- Assure compliance to REACH
- Bachelor or Associate’s Degree in a related field or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in an EH&S function strongly preferred.
- Ability to drive the organizational safety goals & initiatives
- Proficiency with software programs including word processing and spreadsheets required.
- A true desire to help make the organization a safer place for all to work.
- A team player who is results driven, able to work under pressure, has strong leadership skills, high energy, strong organizational skills, is empathetic and able to deal with issues in an open, honest manner.
- Ability to effectively present information to the employees and the management group.
Click here to apply online
Endevis - 17 months ago