University of California, Office of the President
Salary: $66,900 - $143,100
Location: Oakland, CA
Requisition #: 20130058
Closing Date: 02/26/2013
The position is in the HR Online Systems team within the Information Technology Services (ITS) department which is responsible for the development and maintenance of several system wide University applications. Applications supported within the team are the Endowment and Investment Accounting System, University of California Retirement System, the University's self service web site At Your Service Online and other systems related to Research administration support and Contracts and Grants.
The Applications Programmer 4 position provides technical direction and leadership, performs analysis and creates designs for complex programs, formulates logic for new systems and/or integrations, develops conversion and implementation plans and works directly with major department managers. Analyzes and provides assessment of interfaces with 3rd party vendors (i.e. banking systems, cloud vendors) and between other systems within the University system. Interacts with senior level internal personnel, recommends/deploys best practices and industry standards within the software development life cycle.
The primary application focus is the Endowment Investment Accounting system.
HOW TO APPLY: For a complete job description or to apply for this position, please visit:
- Bachelors Degree in Information Systems or a related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience in business process analysis and consensus building in the context of systems development and implementation as well as experience in preliminary phase planning and scheduling, life cycle project monitoring and end phase analysis as well as project cost estimation and return on investment.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and the ability to develop applications using object-oriented technologies. Must be fully conversant in technologies such as UNIX, Java, Websphere, Sybase, DB2 and Windows operating systems.
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to work on cross-functional teams and foster the team's commitment to tasks.
- Experience in managing IT projects focused upon investment systems and other financial applications.
To review a complete list of UCOP's open positions, please visit the University of California Office of the President Employment Website: http://jobs.ucop.edu
University of California is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action employer.
Copyright ©2012 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
University of California UCOP - 10 months ago