Job Id: 174859
Nearest Major Market: VA - All Locations
The Warehouseman is responsible for facilitating the movement of incoming and outgoing goods. The incumbent will ensure that material is recorded correctly and merchandise is properly packaged for shipping to customers.
* High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
* One to three years of related experience
* Ability to operate a forklift
* Ability to lift up to 75lbs
* Strong verbal and written skills
* Ability to use SAP
* Able to work in a team environment and fulfill objectives with minimum direct supervision
* Operates machine to slit continuous lengths of material.
* Examines contents and compare with records, such as manifests, invoices, or orders, to verify accuracy of incoming or outgoing shipment.
* Prepares documents, such as work orders, bills of lading, and shipping orders to route materials.
* Determines shipping method for materials, using knowledge of shipping procedures, routes, and rates.
* Records shipment data, such as weight, charges, space availability, and damages and discrepancies, for reporting, accounting, and record-keeping purposes.
* Works closely with team members to resolve issues with materials, i.e.; damages, shortages, non-conformance to specifications, etc.
* Packs, seals, labels, and affixes postage to prepare materials for shipping, using work devices such as hand tools, power tools, and postage meter.
EIS, Inc., (a subsidiary of Genuine Parts Company) is a North American Distribution leader in process materials, production supplies and industrial motor repair products to the major markets it serves. We proudly support our customers in Original Equipment Manufacturing (OEM), Electrical Apparatus (Motor) Repair, Electronic Assembly markets, and much more.
We offer a comprehensive network to our customers with nearly 40 strategically placed stocking locations, totaling more than 680,000 square feet of warehouse space across North America, including Canada and Mexico. We also operate in Carolina, Puerto Rico with plans to expand into other Caribbean countries. Our international staff is fluent in the languages of growing economies outside of North America.
As a market leader, EIS focuses on customer needs, empowers its employees, and invests in inventory and process efficiencies that benefit its customers. Our people, products and processes make EIS, Inc., one of the most valued businesses within the Genuine Parts family.
EIS is constantly growing and always looking for diverse, talented individuals seeking a career challenge.
EIS, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/H.
Genuine Parts Company - 19 months ago