Job Id: 175602
Nearest Major Market: TX - Houston
Verify and keep records on incoming and outgoing shipments. Prepare items for shipment. Duties include assembling, addressing, stamping, and shipping merchandise or material; receiving, unpacking, verifying and recording incoming merchandise or material; and arranging for the transportation of products.
* High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
* One to three years of related experience
* Ability to operate a slitter
* Hazmat experience
* Ability to operate a forklift
* Ability to use SAP
* Operates machine to slit continuous lengths of material.
* Examines contents and compare with records, such as manifests, invoices, or orders, to verify accuracy of incoming or outgoing shipment.
* Prepares documents, such as work orders, bills of lading, and shipping orders to route materials.
* Determines shipping method for materials, using knowledge of shipping procedures, routes, and rates.
* Records shipment data, such as weight, charges, space availability, and damages and discrepancies, for reporting, accounting, and record-keeping purposes.
* Contacts carrier representative to make arrangements and to issue instructions for shipping and delivery of materials.
* Confers and corresponds with establishment representatives to rectify problems, such as damages, shortages, and nonconformance to specifications.
* Delivers or routes materials to departments, using work devices, such as handtruck, conveyor, or sorting bins.
* Computes amounts, such as space available, and shipping, storage, and demurrage charges, using calculator or price list.
* Packs, seals, labels, and affixes postage to prepare materials for shipping, using work devices such as hand tools, power tools, and postage meter.
EIS, Inc., (a subsidiary of Genuine Parts Company) is a North American Distribution leader in process materials, production supplies and industrial motor repair products to the major markets it serves. We proudly support our customers in Original Equipment Manufacturing (OEM), Electrical Apparatus (Motor) Repair, Electronic Assembly markets, and much more.
We offer a comprehensive network to our customers with nearly 40 strategically placed stocking locations, totaling more than 680,000 square feet of warehouse space across North America, including Canada and Mexico. We also operate in Carolina, Puerto Rico with plans to expand into other Caribbean countries. Our international staff is fluent in the languages of growing economies outside of North America.
As a market leader, EIS focuses on customer needs, empowers its employees, and invests in inventory and process efficiencies that benefit its customers. Our people, products and processes make EIS, Inc., one of the most valued businesses within the Genuine Parts family.
EIS is constantly growing and always looking for diverse, talented individuals seeking a career challenge.
EIS, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/H.
Genuine Parts Company - 21 months ago