SUMMARY OF DUTIES : Performs basic electrocardiogram testing and other related exams on patients according to established standard practices. Use independent judgment and common sense to apply the correct procedures and guidelines while testing patients and monitoring equipment problems. Requires performing primary office duties necessary to maintain the EKG files.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL/MENTAL DEMANDS : Requires frequent moving to prepare and assist patients and perform office tasks. Ability to push portable life pak and ECG machine weighing approximately 50 to 70 pounds. Requires bending, stretching, and reaching heights from ground level to six feet to prepare patients for testing. Assist in lifting and positioning patients for tests. Manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard at approximately 40-wpm, use telephone, testing equipment, and photocopier. Hearing and vision correctable to normal range to communicate and read computer printouts, test results, and written instructions. Ability to communicate with patients to give information and instructions.
TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS: Work is performed in a clinical office environment. Possible exposure to body fluids, communicable diseases, and medicinal preparations common to an EKG/medical setting. Work pace fluctuates and can be very hectic and stressful. Schedules can fluctuate as needed to meet department needs and some holiday and weekend hours are required.
1) Maintain an attitude of professionalism in appearance, demeanor, speech, and conduct at all times.
2) Guard the confidentiality of patients, employees, and physicians' medical, financial, and personal information.
3) Contribute to an environment that is responsive to patient needs in a courteous and helpful manner.
4) Perform job duties safely, ethically, and responsibly.
5) Monitor and/or maintain appearance of your work area.
6) Attend in-services, meetings, and other training sessions as directed.
7) Perform the following duties as outlined and other duties assigned by supervisor.
8) Follow Hammond Clinic guidelines and procedures as modified from time to time.
9 ) Work scheduled hours to meet department workload, to ensure prompt patient services and maintain compliance with clinic/department attendance policy.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: (This list does not include all responsibilities.)
1) Responsible for appointment scheduling/canceling and office procedures inclusive of answering phone and assisting caller, filing, inputting information into computer, typing, and filing.
2) Monitor equipment for proper care and work condition. Follow OSHA guidelines while performing all job responsibilities.
3) Participate in department or clinic projects.
4) Performs the following tests in accordance with department policies and procedures.
Executive and industrial physical EKG’s
Holter monitoring (hook-up/removal/scanning)
CONTACTS WITH OTHERS/METHOD OF CONTACT
Physicians and ancillary departments via telephone, written correspondence and direct contact.
Physicians, hospitals, and patients via telephone.
High School diploma or GED.
Successful completion of EKG courses by accredited trade school or currently enrolled in an EKG program.
Ø One year work experience
Ø Current CPR certification
Ø Work Independently
Ø Ability and willingness to learn new procedures and tests resulting from expanded clinic services, new equipment purchases or new technology.
Hammond Clinic - 16 months ago