This position requires basic electrical engineering design experience developed through on the job training or by completion of a Masters degree. The position will require you to perform routine work in applying standard techniques, procedures and criteria in specific situations, adjusting and correlating data, recognizing discrepancies in results and following operations through a sequence of related detailed engineering tasks. You will work under the supervision of an experienced engineer on new technical undertakings or aspects of the job. However, you will be expected to exercise some judgment in making preliminary selections, adaptation of alternatives and to assume limited responsibility for direction of others, as a prerequisite for advancement to the next level. Certification as an Engineer-In-Training (EIT) by successful completion of the Fundamentals of Engineering Examination is desired.
• 1-3 years of experience since B.S. (Power Engineering Option is preferred)
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (MS Word, MS Excel and MS Power Point)
• Proficiency in AutoCAD /MathCAD ( proficiency with power system software is desirable)
• Candidate must have excellent writing and communication skills.
• Limited electrical design experience in industrial or equivalent type facility design or an M.S. (Power Engineering Option is preferred)
We attract the best people in the industry, supporting their efforts to learn and grow. We strive to create a challenging and progressive work environment. We provide career opportunities that span a variety of disciplines and geographic locations, with projects that our employees plan, design, build and operate—as diverse as the needs of our clients. CDM Smith is an equal opportunity employer.
CDM Smith - 9 months ago