CDM Smith’s Pittsburgh office is looking for an Electrical Engineer to join the team! You'll be working with a dynamic team of industry leading engineers on a diverse portfolio of public, federal, and industrial projects. Are you ready to take the next step in your career?
We’re passionate about what we do. We work together—in teams and in partnership with our clients—to solve complex environmental and infrastructure challenges. Together, we create a learning culture, dedicated to always finding a better way for our clients, for the planet, and for each other.
We pride ourselves on providing a unique and stimulating work environment, and are serious about our commitment to every employee—offering competitive benefits, fostering an inclusive workplace, and providing career development.
CDM Smith offers a full complement of electrical engineering and support services to our clients. Our Electrical services include:
•Electrical System Master Planning & Studies
•Power System Design, Protection & Generation
•Power System Analysis
•Facility System Design
In this role you would perform a variety of tasks including:
•Using AutoCAD to produce electrical design drawings.
• Performing electrical calculations for electrical systems including lighting simulations
• Performing design tasks including lighting layouts, communications, fire alarm, and security systems.
• Developing electrical power system drawings and single line diagrams.
• Assisting in the selection and specification of various electrical system components including motor control centers, switchgear, transformers, etc.
• Developing the electrical plans and specifications for projects under the supervision of senior staff
• Reviewing shop drawings and assisting with general construction services.
• Performing short circuit, protective relay coordination and arc flash studies.
• Bachelors degree, Masters degree, OR 1-3 years of experience since B.S. (Power Engineering Option is preferred)
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (MS Word, MS Excel and MS Power Point)
• Proficiency in AutoCAD /MathCAD ( proficiency with power system software is desirable)
• Candidate must have excellent writing and communication skills.
CDM - 8 months ago