The Electrical Engineering Digital Designer is responsible for translating customer requirements and conceptual designs into functional circuit boards. This employee is expected to design, simulate, test and support the manufacture of PCB assemblies, as well as develop and release firmware and device application code.
Essential Job Functions
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Schematic Capture and PCB Layout
- Circuit Simulation and Evaluation
- VHDL Development and Simulation
- Understanding and Implementation of the High Speed Signal Routing and Signal
- Integrity Simulation
- Laboratory Testing and Board Debugging
- Supporting the manufacture of PCBs
- Working with chip vendors to source parts and implement designs
- Working with Mechanical team to support packaging of PCBs
- Other duties as assigned.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties.
- B.S.E.E. required.
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in development, design, and fielding of systems is preferred.
- Proficiency in a major EDA system is required
- Altium Designer is used at Synexxus
- Working knowledge of a major vendor’s FPGA design and development environment is required
- Basic soldering skills are required, rework skills are desirable
- Ability to obtain a U.S. DoD SECRET Clearance required
- The ability to interact with staff in a dynamic, sometimes under pressure environment, while remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful and efficient importan
- The ability to work independently with little or no supervision
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong decision making ability and attention to detail are vital
- Strong knowledge of MS Office, including, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
Synexxus Inc is an Equal Opportunity Employer.