General Cable is currently accepting applications for an Industrial Electrical Technician opening at our Willimantic, CT facility. As part of our Safety Award winning Maintenance Department, this person will be responsible for investigate and resolve electrical maintenance issues. This would include: installation, troubleshooting, and repair of control panels and associated components, motor circuits, building and lighting circuits, and control circuits.
The Electrical Technician will also perform preventive maintenance on electrical and electronic systems of the production equipment and physical plant. Inspection and calibration of various equipment such as pressure transducers, electrical and pneumatic controllers, level indicators and controllers, pressure and temperature transmitters, footage counters and, limit switches, are also required task. They will work from schematics, manuals, drawings, sketches, written and verbal instructions. They will also completing minor repairs on AC and DC motors up to 250 HP.
- 5+ years of experience as an Electrician in an industrial plant.
- A methodical approach to troubleshooting and good analytical skills
- A strong electrical knowledge of electrical systems, breakers and power distribution systems, motors, motor control equipment, instrumentation, PLC's and AC/DC drive systems
- A working knowledge of electrical/mechanical drawings, troubleshooting and repair
- Experience in programming and working with Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC)
- An AS degree in electricity / electronics, or equivalent industrial electrician work experience
- Basic Mechanical expertise, advanced skills are desired
Please send your resume to: General Cable, 1600 West Main Street, Willimantic, CT 06226, Att: Human Resources or email to: HRecruiting@generalcable.com
General Cable - 21 months ago