Department / School / College
Is this partially or fully grant funded?
Duties and Responsibilities
Minimum Education or Experience
- Ensures operation of all electrical systems and equipment by completing preventive maintenance on controllers, transformers, voltage regulators and machinery wiring. - Assists supervisor with inventory control. - Makes suggestions and offers ideas for repairs of campus buildings. - Installs new circuitry for equipment or lighting. - Assists supervisor with time and material cards. - Performs related duties as assigned.
Trade School or Industrial Apprenticeship degree in Electric or Electronic Trades and two-three years of related experience. Certifications: Journeyman Electrician Licens
Certificates, credentials or licenses required to perform the duties of this position:
- Current Illinois Passenger Drivers License required. -Current Chicago Supervising Electrician License required.
- Ability to navigate Internet to obtain monthly Chicago permits and search for parts for inventory or repairs.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Knowledge in electronics troubleshooting, problem solving, equipment maintenance, power tools, life safety, technical zeal, supply management, technical understanding. - A minimum of five years electrician experience preferred. - Must know Chicago electrical codes. - Ability to follow manuals, schematic diagrams, blueprints and other specifications required; must have strong troubleshooting skills. - Must have the ability to use tools of the trade including power equipment, ropes, pulleys, stages, material handling equipment, etc. - Must be able to work irregular hours as needed. - This position may work in high places from ladders, lifts or scaffolding, and/or in tight spaces with the use of harnesses and ladders. - Ability to carry materials, equipment and tools up and down ladders and stairways. - Good judgment, attention to detail and job knowledge required
Does this job involve significant physical strain or activity?
What unusual working conditions are associated with this job?
Rogers Park-Lake Shore
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled
Candidates Eligible to Apply?
Application Types Accepted
University Staff Application
Required Applicant Documents
Optional Applicant Documents
Special Instructions to Applicants
Quicklink for Posting
- Only applicants with both licensure requirements need apply
Loyola University Chicago - 20 months ago
Shaped by our city and our Jesuit traditions, Loyola University Chicago offers students an educational environment unmatched forits...