Work among the very best. Be part of the multidisciplinary team that is the hallmark of an academic medical center. Thrive in a dynamic environment of clinical excellence, constant learning, and leading edge medical research. The Radiology Department is staffed with board certified Diagnostic Radiologists, Interventional Radiologists, and Nuclear Medicine Physicians dedicated to providing quality patient care. The hospital offers very competitive wages and an outstanding benefits package which makes it a great place to work.
We are looking for an Electronic Image Technician to work in the radiology support area of the Radiology Department.
· Routinely checks hospital-wide PACS monitors to ensure that studies are flowing from the acquisition modalities and are properly routed to the review stations to assure a clinical continuity of service.
· Retrieves and/or creates patients electronic folders and physical radiology jackets.
· Accesses radiology reports and other patient or exam data via the radiology and hospital computer systems.
· Reprints and packages images via different media for distribution and delivery to physicians' offices.
· High school diploma or GED is required. An Associate's degree in a related healthcare field is preferred.
· 2 years healthcare or radiology experience and knowledge of anatomy is highly recommended.
· PACS, RIS, RMS experience is preferred.
· Knowledge of personal computer operating systems and Microsoft Office software is a plus.
The University of Kansas Hospital - 13 months ago