At Pearson, we’re committed to a world that’s always learning and to our talented team who makes it all possible. From bringing lectures vividly to life to turning textbooks into laptop lessons, we are always reexamining the way people learn best, whether it’s one child in our own backyard or an education community across the globe.
We are bold thinkers and standout innovators who motivate each other to explore new frontiers in an environment that supports and inspires us to always be better. By pushing the boundaries of technology — and each other to surpass these boundaries — we create seeds of learning that become the catalyst for the world’s innovations, personal and global, large and small.
Pearson is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and a member of E-Verify. All qualified applicants, including minorities, women, veterans, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Regional Field Specialists are responsible for delivering professional development and technical assistance to schools that have contracted with Pearson SAS for school improvement services. This position requires deep knowledge and extensive experience with standards-based school reform and the ability to deliver high quality professional development and site-based technical support to school personnel. The desired applicants must have five or more years of highly-successful teaching experience in a K-12 school setting and preference will be given to candidates who can demonstrate experience in training other teachers.
Provide comprehensive job-embedded professional development and technical support for schools implementing Pearson’s Schoolwide Improvement Model (SIM), including:
Maintain current knowledge of:
- Facilitation of the Planning Meeting with school and district leadership that establishes Pearson’s partnership with the school and initiates the process of implementation
- Facilitation of face-to-face professional development for school leadership, faculty, and support staff, including: Facilitation of onsite strategic planning and review meetings with the Principal and administrative team
- Overview and Visioning for the entire school staff
- Leadership Team training
- Training on Workgroup facilitation
- Whole school workshop on Schoolwide Instructional Focus on developing students’ academic language and college and career readiness competencies
- Focused professional development for English language arts or math
- Workshop for student services staff on building student engagement and community outreach
- Facilitation of professional development for the Leadership Team and faculty on development of a data-driven culture
- Facilitation of Guided Practice Focus Walks to develop Leadership Team capacity to monitor SIM implementation
- Facilitation of Leadership Team Implementation Meetings, and co-facilitation of such meetings with the Principal, to discuss implementation and resolve problems.
- Facilitation of Progress Monitoring meetings to determine the progress the school is making in implementing SIM
- Provision of technical support for the effective operation of teacher workgroups
- Provision of instructional support, including modeling, coaching, and co-planning
- Collaboration with other field specialists in the delivery of technical support
- Maintenance of comprehensive documentation and reports of technical support
Support implementation of selected Pearson solutions, as needed, including:
- SIM components
- The Common Core State Standards and related assessments, and, where necessary, standards and assessments established by states in which service is being provided.
- Developments in standards-aligned currculum, instruction and assessment in English language arts and/or mat
Support product development, as required, including
- Facilitation of training to support implementation
- Provision of onsite technical support
Support SAS business development by:
- Development and field testing of materials and products that support the training and implementation of SIM
- Development of training notebooks, manuals or curriculum documents as needed to support SIM implementation
- Development of optional additions to SIM
- Development of School Improvement program offerings to complement SIM
- Provision of feedback to National College on the effectiveness of programs and training materials
- Assisting in the recruitment of new SIM schools
- Maintaining up-to-date knowledge of SIM
- Presenting SIM to large and small audiences.
Desirable knowledge, skills, and experience include:
- Master's Degree or higher
- Must be fluent in both Spanish and English
- Demonstrated success as a classroom teacher of Literacy/English language arts and/or Math and at least five years of successful experience as a K-12 professional
- Strong collaboration and teambuilding skills
- Knowledge of standards-based reform, curriculum, instruction and assessment
- Ability to plan strategically with and coach school leaders
- Ability to coach classroom teachers
- Ability to provide instructional support relating to Schoolwide Instructional Focus strategies for teachers across content areas
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Strong problem solving skills
- Knowledge of and the ability to function with various school and district organizational structures
- Excellent ability to present content to large and small groups
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Skills in use of technology
- Scaffolding instruction for English language learners
- Scaffolding instruction for students with disabilities
- Content areas in addition to English and/or Math, especially at the secondary level
- Programs and services to support student engagement
- Use of instructional technology
- Programs and services to support community outreach
# of Positions:
Term of Project - Full Time
Pearson is an international media company with world-leading businesses in education, business information, and consumer publishing. Our...