International Electronic Machines Corporation (IEM) is offering an exciting opportunity for a hands-on Embedded Software Engineer to join our team. We are an established and growing electronics firm that designs and develops advanced image and sensor-based products and systems for security, safety, and metrology in the transportation industry. Several of the company's high tech offerings are widely used by the railroad industry, and we are poised to advance in several product areas.
You will have the opportunity to engage in hands-on embedded software design and implementation doing embedded programming, and system integration of machine vision and sensor systems using single board computers (or within PC environment) and discrete hardware components. Projects include new product design and on board software programming for wireless sensors, system design and component specifications. This is a full time opening for an innovative person to be involved in the entire process of research and product development cycles for current and up-coming projects.
To join our design group, you must have:
Desirable Skills (based on our on-going projects):
- B.S.C.S. or B.S.E.E. or equivalent
- Excellent Programming Skills (C/C++, C#, VB, etc.)
- Hands on experience with embedded software coding and debugging.
- Hands on digital system, single board computers and sensor integration experience
- Desire and ability to learn quickly, with a highly motivated and self-starter working style
- Desire to design, prototype, build and test new products towards their commercialization
- Engineering Analysis skills (e.g. for data collection and system operation validation)
multi-meters and other lab test equipment
- Familiarity with Software Engineering design principles - project life cycle, source control (SVN), etc.
- Familiarity with the .NET framework and Visual Studio
- Familiarity with socket programming, routers, network programming and network configuration
- Well versed in image processing or machine vision algorithms
- Familiarity with databases, such as MySQL
- MATLAB and/or Labview working experience in machine vision and signal processing areas
- Familiarity with camera and laser interfaces
- Capable of using hardware development and debug tools including emulators, oscilloscopes, logic analyzers,
Ideal candidates will be able to work in all environments as needed, both as an individual and team contributor, and will likely include some hands-on work in labs, industrial and outside field environments. An ability to occasionally travel to customer sites is preferred.
- Excellent record keeping and documentation keeping skills: specification creation, test output documentation, design documentation, final reports, block diagrams, simple schematics, etc.
- Ability to provide project oversight as needed
- Two years related experience in one or more of the above areas
Visit our web site at http://www.iem.net to find out more about us!
RegionalHelpWanted.com - 20 months ago