Polo Ralph Lauren Corporation is a leader in the design, marketing and distribution of premium lifestyle products in four categories: Apparel, home, accessories and fragrances. For more than 35 years, Polo's reputation and distinctive image have been consistently developed across an expanding number of products, brands and international markets.
Purpose: The purpose of this position is to perform the essential duties within the Greensboro Embroidery department to provide the Polo Golf business with custom apparel and services with the ultimate customer service in specialty orders to prestigious clients of Polo Ralph Lauren.
- Read work orders or receive and listen to oral instructions to determine work assignments daily.
- Take direction from Distribution Manager and/or Distribution Coordinator/ and DC Supervisor.
- Receive merchandise and verify associated paperwork following Embroidery Department procedures.
- Trim, steam, fold, and re-package product according to order specifications.
- Store and retrieve boxed product from locations from heights up to thirty feet (6ft), utilizing step stool if needed.
- Confirm order accuracy by checking documentation (trim sheets), and verifying each order by item.
- Move product to designated staging areas while following strict safety procedures.
- Operate equipment to complete daily assignments, observing strict safety procedures.
- Utilize warehouse systems to support continuous work flow which may include more than one of the following: computer (PKMS), printer, labeler, while observing strict safety procedures.
- Inform leadership of product with damages and unsuitability to continue through process.
- Participate in and complete all company training programs as it relates to this position, including Safety Training, Cross Functional Training, and readiness assessments.
- This position largely interacts with equivalent levels of internal personnel.
- Accuracy is required in performing all functions of the positions within established standards; errors in work could cause delays in schedules and result in loss of revenue.
- This position relies on efficiency and strict quality standards.
- This position requires the individual to be ready to start work on–time daily.
- This position requires superior hand/eye coordination and attention to detail.
- Inside warehouse environment, which may operate under various room temperatures.
- May on a continuous basis walk, bend, push, pull and lift up to forty five (45lbs) while practicing proper safety procedures, as well as work in a standing position for extended periods of time, 6 -7 ( six – seven) hours daily.
- Noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- The physical demands described above are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential function of this job.
- The job encounters recurring work situations of a routine nature where the ability to recognize and seek guidance necessary deviation from accepted practice is required.
- High School Diploma or equivalent (GED) is preferred.
- A proven track record in school or work experience utilizing good written and spoken communication skills and basic mathematical skills.
- Must have the proven ability to consistently and independently follow policies and procedures; written and verbal instruction and meet required schedules and/or deadlines.
- Previous experience in a team-oriented environment with an emphasis on high volume, measurable performance and understanding of how individual performance affects others in a team environment.
- Ability to perform, and a history of performing, job duties in a safe manner.
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment with changing priorities.
- Must be able to mange work load based on changing demands.
- Perform house keeping duties necessary to maintain a neat and orderly warehouse environment utilizing the 5S standard.
- Basic computer skills is advantageous in either or all; Excel, Word, and AS/400.
- Other duties as assigned. Essential duties are subject to change in order to keep up with new or expanding business models.
- Embroidery experience preferred, but not required.
Polo Ralph Lauren is an equal opportunity employer. We offer dynamic career opportunities with growth potential and a generous company discount.
Ralph Lauren Corporation is galloping at a faster clip than when its namesake founder first entered the arena some 45 years ago. With golden...