Work among the best. Academic medical centers like The University of Kansas Hospital are at medicine's frontier, providing more options and more hope to our patients. Employees in our administrative positions play a vital role to the success of the organization. We value the leadership, vision and dedication of our administrative employees that helps make our hospital successful. Become part of a team committed to success. We offer very competitive wages and an outstanding benefit package.
We currently have an opening for a Switchboard Operator Shift Supervisor.
- Provides training and daily supervisor of switchboard employees.
- Ensures above average service levels for abandonment rate, hold time, wait time, and customer service.
- Will help with internal/external calls into the medical center's main phone number, internal code line, external transfer center code line, and priority paging lines.
- Initiates pages for emergencies such as code blue, code red, code pink, and code gray as well as pages for other emergencies.
- Daily reconciliation of emergency paging log, shift report, and code paging report.
- Monitors each staff members calls weekly to ensure calls are meeting minimum guidelines.
- Oversees all medical related code tests on all software systems to ensure they are functioning properly. and identifies and reports equipment trouble to supervisor.
- Serves as the answering service for hospital departments and physician practices.
- Conducts surveys and performs detailed analysis of the medical center's telecommunications function when requested.
- Performs status changes, call schedule changes, and various system updates.
- High school diploma or GED.
- 2 years supervisory experience in a customer service, switchboard, or dispatch environment.
- Above average computer, customer service and grammar/spelling skills
- Ability to stay calm under pressure.
- Available to take on-call rotation for after hours and weekend shifts.
- If scheduled for an interview, the candidate will be required to complete assessments on alpha/numeric data entry and spelling.
The University of Kansas Hospital - 2 years ago