Provides technical support for OR staff in the planning, preparation of equipment and supplies for surgical procedures. Track supplies, equipment usage/returns via the bar code system. Reviews usage reports in identifying pick sheet that need revised. Assists inventory staff in the intake, bar coding and physical counts of storeroom supplies.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Expert in the names and location of equipment and supplies.
2. Expert at surgical case preparation – pulling supplies and equipment and the bar code scanning process. Assures case carts are complete and that all special items are available.
3. Responsible for scanning supplies before the case cart preparation. Scans all returned items or items used in an OR case not scanned by Circulator.
4. Prepares OR suite with necessary equipment for the day of and day before surgery.
5. Pro-actively reviews OR schedule for week/day. Anticipates any special needs or identifies low quantity stock.
6. Expert in inventory process for supplies and equipment.
7. Acts as a "runner" for OR suites needing additional equipment/supplies.
8. Effectively communicates with physicians, Service Line Leaders, Surgery Leadership and Inventory Coordinators regarding case scheduling, special orders, equipment and instrumentation issues.
9. Assist Inventory Coordinators/Service Line Leaders in developing and maintaining par levels, review stock usage and expirations and non-moving inventory.
10. Assists Service Line Leaders with the revision of pick sheets.
11. Create and maintain an equipment reference manual for service lines.
12. Communicates with Schedulers, Inventory Coordinators and Clinical Charges any constraints that apply to the scheduling system/process regarding loaners, repairs, special requests and the time element involved.
13. Maintains competency as OR Orderly and takes assigned "call" for this role.
14. Actively contributes to OR staff development by conducting inservices for staff regarding new/existing equipment, instrumentation and supplies.
15. Participates in orientation process: acts as a preceptor to new employees, periodically reviews and adjusts the orientation program.
16. Participates in continuing education programs to maintain competency.
17. Active in identifying opportunities for cost reduction.
18. Competent is computer skills, programs, report generations.
6 months previous OR experience required. Proficient in computer skills.
Fairfield Medical Center - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard