Coordinates the recruiting and selection initiatives of the assigned business unit, including advertising; completes the associated administrative processes in a manner consistent with the company’s employment policies and procedures and in compliance with state and federal employment statutes. Administers screening tools, coordinates selected candidate interviews with the Managers of the respective operational units. Produces statistical reports identifying the number of applicants, hires, the cost per hire and the retention time of individuals hired.
1. Must become familiar with the relevant skills required to perform each field job.
2. Must be able to travel to locations outside of the assigned office location frequently for 7 to 10 days at a time by automobile or airline to the communities where there is a likelihood of attracting individuals who qualify for employment with the Company, through sources such as the state workforce commissions, public job fairs, company sponsored job fairs and public social events and gatherings.
3. Must physically be able to transport, assemble and dismantle display booth material at job fairs. Job requires occasional lifting of 50 lb. containers of documents and display booth.
4. Must accept frequently working something other than the traditional work-day and work-week.
5. Must make and maintain contact with community job placement services (TWC), and job fairs or other special events such as weekend public events.
6. Must be able to draft functional Position Definitions for employment positions being proposed to be added to the company.
7. Must use screening tools approved by NWS VP-Personnel Services.
8. Responsible for gathering correct and complete employment application documents from applicant, including those submitted by the field offices.
9. Must conduct preliminary review of applicant resumes or employment applications to determine if applicant's experiences and skills meet the position requirements.
10. Interviews candidates to determine their suitability for open positions.
11. Must administer skills evaluation and attitude survey instruments to all applicants for salaried employment positions, and submit them to NWS HR Houston.
12. Must initiate getting test instruments scored.
13. Must initiate background checks on selected applicants, including in-house promotions or transfers for salaried positions.
14. Must review test and background check results with hiring manager, or must provide written summary of results to hiring manager.
15. Provides potential job applicants information about the Company, policies, benefits, work schedules and information about the work environment.
16. Refers applicants to local operations personnel for further screening and processing.
17. Prepares and maintains a list of individuals who were referred to the "office" for screening and processing.
18. Reports progress of recruiting campaign to NWS District HR, or alternatively NWS HR Houston, identifying issues inhibiting the recruiting effort, or recommending actions that would enhance recruiting results.
19. Performs and assumes other duties and responsibilities as may be required by immediate supervisor.
20. Performs the primary thinking called for and encompassed by the overall Position Definition.
21. Assists supervisor in preparing long range staffing projections.
22. Adheres to Company policies and work requirements.
Job Category or Functional Area
- Pass the company’s drug screen.
- Motor vehicle record qualifies individual to be an approved company driver.
- Acceptable criminal history.
- Ability to read, write and speak English to the extent that they are able to understand verbal and written instructions as well as give verbal and written instructions in English; and the ability to use simple mathematical calculations using whole numbers, fractions and decimals (addition, subtraction, division and multiplication) to make job related calculations.
- Satisfactorily complete the company’s comprehensive Basic Skills Test.
- Satisfactorily complete the company’s Opinion Survey.
- Advanced knowledge of the functional skills necessary for each hourly employment position associated with the Well Services industry including well servicing rigs, light drilling rigs and DOT regulated trucking.
- Must be familiar with applicant academic skill and personality testing instruments.
- Must be comfortable performing recruiting activities for professionals, skilled, semi-skilled and unskilled workers; in both the Hispanic and non-Hispanic community, in the Company’s geographical areas of operation.
- Must be well versed in the Federal and State statutes pertaining to recruiting and employment, i.e.: DOL, ADA, EEO, FCRA, etc.
- Should have a Bachelor's degree in business administration, psychology, or related field with at least three years of experience in a recruiting function of a human resources department; or 10+ years of recruiting experience.
- Must have extensive PC computer experience with the MicroSoft Office Suite software; have advanced user knowledge of computer network systems and email systems; must be proficient with the use of such systems and equipment from remote sites while traveling.
- PHR or SPHR certification would receive favorable consideration, or be prepared to obtain this Certification.
- Fluency in the Spanish language would be considered an asset.
- Must have adequate personal financial resources to handle the expenses associated with travel until claim is submitted, approved and reimbursed by the Company.
United States Of America-Texas-Asherton-USA-NWS-ASHERTON
United States Of America-Oklahoma-Oklahoma City-USA-NWS-OKLAHOMA CITY, OK, United States Of America-Texas-Pleasanton, United States Of America-New Mexico-Hobbs-USA-NWS-HOBBS (A. A.) AREA
Nabors Industries - 22 months ago
Oil and gas exploration and production companies need a little support in order to ply their trade around the globe, and like a good...