The Transporter may provide basic life support to the ill or injured patient while being transported to and from departments within the hospital. Patient care provided in accordance with the rules and regulations approved by the federal, state, and regional and local authorities. This position provides care and transport to neonates, infants, children adolescents, adults, and seniors. The transporter will be responsible for all patients transports, this will include patients from every nursing unit. Many patients will be on monitored device. Transporter will need to evaluate the needs of patients prior to transport and be familiar with use of medical equipment. Ensures that patients and visitors are oriented to the facility and receive any assistance necessary to ensure that they easily reach and return from their destination within the facility. This person will have knowledge and skills to care for the physical and developmental needs across the life span.
High School diploma or GED required
Arizona EMT certification to be maintained throughout employment.
Current BLS (American Heart Association)
3 months to 1 year experience preferred
* Ability to interpret written, oral, and diagnostic instructions. Able to relate to and work with ill and disabled customers of all ages, bilingual customers, emotionally distressed customers and families, and with hospital personnel within the facility.
* Effective transport of all patients system wide. To include nursing units, outpatients, and outside transport. Returns to assigned response area in a timely manner, immediately covers response areas where no units are available.
*Ability to obtain a passing score on written exam and pass oral examination covering knowledge of re certification by-annually and update HR file with current certification. Able to read, write and speak English in an understandable manner.
* Requires a high level of analytic ability to identify and evaluate efficient, safe transport of all patients.
* Requires high level of accuracy, is capable of providing, comfortable transport in and off campus.
* Possess the ability to assess, document and implement actions required. Demonstrates and coordinates safe and correct lifting techniques, gurney handling, and use of all gurney restraints.
* Able to cope with varying and unpredictable situations tactfully with personnel, patients, family members, visitors and the general public while maintaining a positive, empathetic attitude at all times.
* Able to respond to emergency and crisis situations in a timely and professional manner. Demonstrates knowledge of ABC's, patient assessment, implements appropriate treatment, and reassesses patient response to treatment.
* Able to deal with high stress and high demand work environment. Adheres to all VVMC/NAH policy and procedures related to infection control and safe bio-hazardous waste and sharps disposal.
* Able to work varying shifts/units, rotate days off, and work weekends.
Northern Arizona Healthcare - 17 months ago
Northern Arizona Healthcare
Northern Arizona Healthcare
- 26 days ago