is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to a policy of compliance with all federal, state and local laws regarding nondiscrimination in employment. No questions included in our application process are intended to secure information to be used for unlawful purposes. Consistent with the provisions of the Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA), applicants may request accommodations needed to participate in the application process.
Return to Previous Page
At least 21 years of age. High School Diploma or equivalent supplemented by college level course work. EMT Certification from a recognized EMT training program and EMT Certification from County of Kern EMS. Prefer at least 1 year of experience in the field of pre-hospital EMS. Must be insurable by Hall Ambulance Service, Inc. driver’s insurance policy.
Under general supervision assess injuries, administer emergency medical care and extricate trapped individuals. Provide emergency rescue and care to the ill and injured, to include assessment of illness and/or injury, management of illness/injury, preparation for transport, transfer of information and compassionate patient care.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Administer first-aid treatment and life-support care to sick or injured persons in pre-hospital setting.
2. Operate equipment such as EKGs, external defibrillators and bag-valve mask resuscitators in advanced life-support environments.
3. Perform or assist in the initial assessment and management of illness or injury to emergency patients in accordance with specified protocol and procedure.
4. Assess nature and extent of illness or injury to establish and prioritize medical procedures.
5. Maintain vehicles and medical and communication equipment and replenish first-aid equipment and supplies.
6. Observe, record, and report to physician the patient's condition or injury, the treatment provided and reactions to drugs and treatment.
7. Perform emergency diagnostic and treatment procedures, such as stomach suction, airway management and heart monitoring during ambulance ride.
8. Coordinate work with other emergency medical team members and police and fire department personnel.
9. Communicate with dispatchers and treatment center personnel to provide information about situation, to arrange reception of victims and to receive instructions for further treatment.
10. Prepare or assist in the preparation of patients for transport, ensuring compliance with emergency medical transport regulations, protocol and procedures.
11. Lead, guide and/or assist in the training of lower level techs and/or students as specifically assigned.
12. Follow established departmental policies, procedures and objectives, continuous quality improvement objectives, and safety, environmental and/or infection control standards.
13. Inspect emergency medical equipment to ensure serviceability and compliance with safety and infection control regulations and standards.
1 4. Complete and transfer patient care information and records as per established procedures.
15. Comfort and reassure patients and patients’ family members.
16. Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
17. Drive emergency vehicles in stressful situations.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
1. Ability to maintain quality, safety, and/or infection control standards.
2. Knowledge of and skill in the application of basic on-site emergency medical protocol and procedures.
3. Records maintenance skills.
4. Knowledge of the use of emergency medical transport procedures, facilities, and equipment.
5. Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations.
6. Knowledge of related accreditation and certification requirements.
7. Ability to perform standardized emergency patient care activities within established protocol.
8. Ability to provide guidance and support to other EMT staff and/or students.
9. Knowledge of emergency medical equipment maintenance regulations and policy standards.
1. Valid & current Kern County Licensure as an Emergency Medical Technician
2. Valid & current Ambulance Driver Certification
3. Valid maintenance and periodic renewal of Medical Examiners Certificate
4. Annual TB clearance
5. Valid & current Class C California Drivers License
6. In good standing with State & County EMSA
7. Valid & current CPR card