The Arizona Department of Transportation (ADOT) is a multi-modal transportation agency that is responsible for planning, building, operating and maintaining a complex highway system in addition to providing title, registration and driver license services to the general public throughout the state of Arizona. ADOT also operates and maintains the Grand Canyon Airport and publishes the award-winning Arizona Highways magazine. ADOT values its employees, challenges them to continuously improve the way we do business, to meet and exceed the needs of our customers, and to carry out their duties in an ethical manner. Apply today for a chance to become a part of the ADOT team.
ENFORCEMENT CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE 2
(Enforcement and Compliance Division Customer Service Representative 2)
105 S. U.S. Highway 93, Kingman, AZ 86401
Open until ADOT needs are met. This position may be closed at any time.
Job Description: Performs customer service activities at the Port of Entry that do not require an AZ P.O.S.T. certified peace officer. Interprets and communicates the provisions of state and federal motor vehicle codes pertaining to size/weight applicable to Enforcement and Compliance Department (ECD) Port Operations; screens and weights or assist with weighing commercial vehicles; examines vehicle registrations and other documents to determine authenticity; issues permits and calculates, collects appropriate fees and taxes and completes associated cash reconciliations. This position is responsible for security of cash receipts, information, and a wide variety of forms that are accountable; regulates, through permit issuance, domestic and foreign-based commercial vehicle traffic entering and exiting the State. Duties involve continual public contact, which may involve face to face contact with irate individuals.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Motor Vehicle laws a plus.
- Title and registration, permits, policies, procedures, fees, and forms a plus.
- Applicable laws and regulations.
- Software and databases.
- Cash reconciliation and preparation of daily deposits.
- Weight compliance and related mileage calculations.
- Office procedures and best practices
- Operation of office machines and computers.
- Principles of conflict resolution
- Principles of problem solving
- Customer service.
- Interpreting laws, policies and procedures.
- Oral and written communication.
- Basic mathematical computations to determine and calculate, collect appropriate fees and taxes and to complete cash reconciliations requirements related to Motor Vehicle laws.
- Use of computers.
- Problem solving.
- Conflict resolution.
Ideal Candidate: Will have customer service experience in a regulatory or public service oriented environment which includes responding to questions regarding rules, regulations, polices, procedures and collecting appropriate fees and taxes and to complete cash reconciliations.
- Utilize a computer terminal.
- Perform and reconcile fee transactions.
- Work independently.
- Solve complex problems
- Understand and correctly interpret Arizona Revised Statutes
- Communicate effectively
NOTE: A background check and polygraph investigation may be required. Overtime and overnight travel may be required.
Note: This position requires possession of a valid Arizona Class D Driver License. Candidates for this position must complete and sign the Driver Form on page 6 of the State of Arizona Application for Employment at the time of interview, which will allow ADOT to obtain the candidate's motor vehicle record (MVR). The most recent 39-month period shown on the MVR will be reviewed in accordance with A.A.C. R2-10-207.12 (H) and (I). The review must show an acceptable driving record prior to any offer of employment being made by ADOT. Employment is contingent upon an acceptable MVR.
All newly hired employees are subject to the E-Verify Employment Eligibility Verification Program.
RETIREMENT: This position participates in the Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS)*.
BENEFITS: Comprehensive benefits package includes accrual of sick and vacation leave, and 10 holidays per year; health* and dental insurance*; retirement plan; life insurance; and long-term disability insurance. Optional employee benefits include short-term disability*, deferred compensation, and supplemental life insurance*.
- ASRS enrollment eligibility will become effective after 27 weeks of employment, if not already an ASRS member at the time of hire.
Please visit http://www.azdot.gov/Inside_ADOT/HR/Employment.asp to learn more about benefits given to ADOT employees.
- Elective benefits for new employees hired on or after July 20, 2011, will be subject to a 90-day waiting period, except for transfers from other State agencies or who regularly worked for the State of Arizona within 2 years prior to the date of hire.
To submit your resume for consideration, please hit the "APPLY" button below.
Pref1, Pref2, Pref3, Pref4
AGENCY JOB BOARD ID: ADOT
State of Arizona - 15 months ago