• Receives general and occasionally obscure specifications. Able to develop and design work holding solutions from concept and part drawing requirements to efficiently and accurately produce machined components, complex weldments and assemblies.
• Regularly works with Tool designers, tool makers, manufacturing and quality engineers in the planning, design, build, testing, and/or modification of work holding solutions such as holding fixtures, welding fixtures, assembly aids and quality poke-yokes. Projects range from simple to complex in nature.
• Able to apply current and ergonomic principles in a mechanical work holding environment to comply with best industry practices and regulatory requirements.
• Able to apply an understanding of work holding manufacturing practices to include general machining, welding and CNC programming practices.
• Participates as key team member in completion/resolution of larger, more consequential projects/issues.
• Utilizing specialized engineering knowledge (i.e. manufacturing, quality, industrial, mechanical, product, etc…), provides technical support to multiple levels of engineering, quality and production team members.
• Regularly analyzes and evaluates work holding practices and makes minor and significant modifications.
• Participates as member and may occasionally lead interdepartmental teams.
• Keeps abreast of innovation in state of the art engineering techniques.
• May perform tests or experiments requiring the use of nonstandard procedures and complex instrumentation.
• Performs related work as assigned.
Two year technical degree (or equivalent) with a specialized knowledge of math and physics or an engineering discipline. 5 years’ experience. Extremely comprehensive company related experience. Proficiency within a technical specialty. Proficiency with tools suited to area of specialization, such as: specialized test equipment, personal computer, AutoCAD, PCAD, Pro Engineer Software, gages meters, and/or hand tools.
The Raymond Corporation - 11 months ago
Business at The Raymond Corporation is picking up, literally. The company manufactures electric material-handling equipment, including fork...