ENGINEER 1 MECHANICAL
The Engineer 1, Mechanical, reports to the Engineering Leader and is responsible for the performance of routine functions which require the application of standard techniques, procedures, and criteria in carrying out a sequence of related engineering tasks. This position requires a moderate to high level of supervision; most work is still reviewed by a more senior engineer. In addition, this level has limited contact with Customers and Suppliers.
- Works assigned tasks to meet schedule and may coordinate details with other departments.
- Recognizes problems which are beyond capabilities and is learning from the experts in the area.
- Learns the steps involved to incorporate process improvements.
- Performs routine functions which require application of standard techniques, procedures and criteria in carrying out a sequence of related engineering tasks.
- Learns to investigate products and documents findings in report format.
- Performs tolerance stack-ups, calculates 0-ring squeeze and simple hydraulic and stress analyses.
- May perform small component tests to support more senior engineers.
At some international locations, may perform the following functions:
Materials and Equipment Used:
- Generates, discusses and maintains components design proposals with internal departments balancing need to customer specification with manufacturing/cost implications.
- Creates detail designs using 2D and 3D drafting including dimensioning and tolerancing.
- Documents/archives/retrieves drawings from storage system.
- Creates and maintains BOMs; releases drawings in WISE.
Working Environment / Physical Activities:
- Work is generally performed in a normal office environment; however, the job may take the member into various areas of the plant where there is possible exposure to noise, chemical solutions, dust and temperatures above 80 degrees F.
- Some travel required.
Education or Formal Training:
- Effective written and verbal communication skills; learning technical writing skills (procedures, reports, etc.).
- Basic skills in problem solving and trouble-shooting.
- Competent in the use of PCs and associated software.
- Basic knowledge of appropriate WISE applications such as BOM, Item Master, NCR, EC screens and part tracking.
- Basic understanding of organizational structure and flow of information in the company.
- Recognizes problems which are beyond capabilities and seeks out appropriate experts and tools.
- Basic ability to understand and interpret industry and Woodward technical standards including quality system standards and PLC process.
- Fundamental knowledge of commercial and in-house analytical packages.
- Ability to run existing standard tools. (e.g. Excel, equation solver software, etc.)
- Basic understanding of component function and testing.
- Learning manufacturing processes, drawings and geometric dimensioning and tolerances as well as shop standards and procedures.
- Effective time management skills.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering required.
- No experience required; internship in industry desired.
Woodward is a multinational company with leading edge technology, headquartered in Fort Collins, CO - USA. We are an independent designer, manufacturer, and service provider of energy control and optimization solutions for commercial and military aircraft, turbines, reciprocating engines, and electrical power system equipment. Global customers in the aerospace, power and process industries, and transportation markets rely on Woodward technology to make their equipment more efficient and reliable minimizing environmental impact.
Woodward is an Equal Opportunity Employer
1st Shift / Day Job
Woodward - 4 months ago
Woodward Governor Company designs, manufactures, and services energy control systems and components for commercial and military aircraft, tu...