The Engineer repairs and maintains facility buildings and equipment. He/she repairs include building and room renovation, plumbing, painting, sheetrock work, electrical, and carpentry. This position also may require the completion of custodial work as necessary.
- Maintain timelines and work schedule in accordance with the preventive maintenance program.
- Check work orders and night report for any problems.
- Make rounds checking these problem areas and note any information needed or safety concerns in the hotel.
- Schedule work in accordance with preventive maintenance program in rooms, coordinating with the Executive Housekeeper and Front Office.
- Perform electrical work orders: a) Replace light switches. b) Reset circuit breakers. c) Replace wall plug receptacles. d) Replace fluorescent light ballast. e) Replace electrical solenoid valve. f) Replace small motors. g) Use test equipment; multimeter, voltage tester, amp probe.
- Perform plumbing work orders: a) Unplug sinks, toilets, garbage disposals and drain lines. b) Repair or replace valves, gate, globe, ball, solenoid valves. c) Replace washer, gaskets, vacuum breakers, toilet seals. d) Work with different types of pipe including conduit, copper, black, cast iron and pipe hangers.
- Perform Preventive Maintenance work orders: a) Monitor and maintain all laundry and dry cleaning equipment. b) Monitor and maintain all kitchen equipment. c) Maintain guestrooms using Rooms Preventive Maintenance Program Punch List. d) Change air-conditioning filters every month. e) Check HVAC equipment; change filters, belts, bearings and lubricate as necessary. Also check for unusual noise or vibration, adjusting as necessary. f) Change or repair locks as needed. g) Cut and mark keys for guestroom key inventory. h)
- Check and test-run emergency generator weekly.
- Perform general maintenance to guestrooms and public areas.
- Assist electrician, carpenter, plumber and painter in all phases of repair work.
- Assist other engineering personnel as instructed by supervisor in regards to routine and preventive maintenance.
- Maintain cleanliness and organization of the work area to include: a) inventories b) requisition (receipt and storage) c) trash removal and clean up
- Maintain the proper use, cleaning, maintenance and storage of all tools. Handle chemicals for designated uses/surfaces.
- Ensure security of any assigned keys.
Education & Experience: Valid (state) drivers license. Good driving record. Must have good understanding of the English language. Communicate effectively with others both written and verbal. Provide excellent customer service and maintain a professional demeanor. Minimum year(s) experience as a commercial electrician or in other trade (plumbing, HVAC etc.) Working knowledge of all electrical supplies and equipment. Knowledge of proper chemical handling and disposal. Working knowledge of: a) health codes b) electrical codes c) national/local fire codes d) local mechanical codes e) blue prints and wiring schematics f) power and hand tools, meters, etc. as it relates to the technical trades Good understanding of the English language. Good communication skills both written and verbal. Compute mathematical calculations (add, subtract, multiply and divide numbers) Ability to: interpret manufacturer's literature for installation, preparation, use and upkeep of various materials and products used throughout the property. be well organized and follow instructions. follow all equipment and chemical safety procedures. focus attention on details. operate high reach lifts. prioritize tasks and comply with deadlines for work assignments. be a clear thinker and perform well under pressure work assignments. work and perform job functions with minimal supervision. work cohesively with co-workers as part of a team. High school graduate or equivalent vocational training. Certification or completion of seminars for specialized training. Ability to perform basic carpentry skills.
Crestline Hotels & Resorts
- 2 years ago - save job