A Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering Technology preferred. Possesses and applies a comprehensive knowledge of general engineering principles. Experience with a New Product Development process, multi-disciplinary teams and/or previous project management experience is desirable. Proficiency in the use of Pro-Engineer or a similar 3D modeling software is desirable. Knowledge or experience with the Toyota Production System is desirable. Knowledge of GD&T and the basic principles of DFMA are desirable.
- Works under supervision of senior engineer or manger to make adaptations and modifications to existing designs or initiates original, novel designs. Less supervision and more latitude for independent action would exist at higher engineer levels.
- Follow existing procedures and guidelines for most decisions.
- Works to investigate issues, establish root cause and make modifications to existing designs where appropriate.
- Recommends changes in project direction in response to changing business requirements.
- Provide support for new product development teams. Works with cross-functional groups at the direction of a Lead Engineer or Program Manager. Excellent team, communication and planning skills.
- Work with external suppliers to develop and test components or sub-systems.
- Work with Test Engineering to develop new components. Establish test and functionality requirements either at supplier or in our test lab, reliability targets and test plans to validate them.
- May be project lead for small projects or subsets of major programs (E III level or above).
- May lead interdepartmental teams (E III level or above). May have responsibility for direction of other employees.
- May perform complex or novel assignments requiring development of new and/or improved techniques or procedures (E III level or above). Expected to continually expand technical skill level (personal and company) and abilities.
- Keeps the manager informed of progress, changes, priorities and project cost/schedule status. May present project status to senior management.
- Must possess the ability to plan, organize and carry out technical activities. Willingness to lead projects is desired..
- For Entry Level candidate’s prior co-op or intern experience is desirable.
- Ability to present technical material to a technically diverse audience, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize assignments for multiple customers (internal and external) is critical.
- Needs to be able to manage stresses and demands that are associated with the job and/or the work environment so that acceptable and defined levels of performance are maintained. Typically works under normal office conditions where required to sit for extended periods of time. Regularly spend significant amounts of time working in front of computer terminal.
- Travel to customers and suppliers is required.
Business at The Raymond Corporation is picking up, literally. The company manufactures electric material-handling equipment, including fork...