The Cloud and Automated Services Management group in Cisco is seeking an experienced and motivated software development engineer. We are part of a team that is focused on Cisco's key priority in Cloud computing and Data Center. Participate in this latest technology trend and get involved in development of the new and exciting products in Data Center and Virtualization Management focusing on Cloud VDC & VPC Deployments. The software product is a multi-tenant, web based application that provides provisioning and monitoring of virtual network infrastructure and virtual machines in private, public and hybrid cloud.
- 8-10+ years of experience developing web-based applications with client server architecture
- Must have strong background in Software Design and Architecture and complete development life cycle
- Expertise in design & development of Object oriented C++ programming is must
- Exposure to technologies such as vSphere/vCenter, C, DB, REST, XML, Linux, is required
- Experience with programmatic integration with hypervisor management tools(e.g. vCenter) for VM lifecycle management is highly desirable
- Experience using Web Service API (e.g. WSDL, REST) with cloud providers (e.g. Amazon AWS ) is also highly desirable
- Experience with VM image formats (e.g. OVA, VMDK) & VM image management is desirable
- Experience with networking and network management concepts are a big plus.
- Knowledge of Cisco and Industry Cloud computing, Data Center, and Virtualization solutions is a plus
- Demonstrate a high degree of originality and innovation in designing product and component level architecture.
- Possess excellent verbal and writing skills
- Must be a team player and work well in small and large group environments
- Must be highly driven and motivated with high level of initiative
- Architect & Design new modules using C++ in model driven development environment to manage Cisco virtual network including virtual switch, virtual security appliance and virtual gateway
- Participate in the entire software engineering cycle of Requirement analysis, Design, Develop, Test, Bug Fix, and Customer support.
- Provide quick analysis and scoping of customer requirements
- Ensure product architecture meets the long term needs of customers
- Lead discussions with various cross-functional groups such as product management, other development teams, QA, and documentation
- Drive technical discussions and provide innovation to the product
- Champion new, improved design methodologies
Cisco Systems - 24 months ago
Are you changing the world? We are.
Cisco, a worldwide leader in IT, is changing the way the world works, lives, plays and learns. Our...