The Cloud and Automated Services Management group in Cisco is seeking an experienced and motivated Cloud Solution Development Engineer. We are part of a team that is focused on Cisco's key priority in Cloud Computing and Data Center. Participate in this latest technology trend and get involved in development of the new and exciting products in Cloud, Data Center and Virtualization Management. The software products provide provisioning and monitoring of virtual network infrastructure and virtual machines in private, public and hybrid cloud.
- Experience with Cloud Computing technologies, hypervisor products, and VM life cycle management such as virtualization, vSphere/vCenter, Hyper-V, and public cloud services (e.g., Amazon AWS) is must
- Must have strong background in Cloud solution architecture and object-oriented software design and complete product development life cycle
- Experience with C++ programming or Java is required
- Experience with VM image formats (e.g. OVA, VMDK) & VM image management is desirable
- Exposure to technologies such as REST, XML, Linux, is a plus
- Experience with networking and network management concepts are a big plus.
- Demonstrate a high degree of originality and innovation in designing product and Cloud solution
- Possess excellent verbal and writing skills
- Must be a team player and work well in small and large group environments
- Must be highly driven and motivated with high level of initiative
- Architect & design Cloud and virtual network management software and end-to-end solutions involving virtual switch, virtual servers, and virtual security appliance in private, public, and hybrid clouds.
- Develop new modules using C++ in model driven development environment
- Participate in the entire software engineering cycle of requirement analysis, design, development, test, product deployment, and customer support.
- Ensure product architecture meets the long-term needs of customers
- Lead discussions with various cross-functional groups such as product management, other development teams, QA, and documentation
- Innovate in product design and development and champion new, improved engineering methodologies
Are you changing the world? We are.
Cisco, a worldwide leader in IT, is changing the way the world works, lives, plays and learns. Our...