The Engineering Program Manager develops and maintains program schedules to ensure that activities are carried out in accordance with established specifications, schedules, and budgets; coordinates interdepartmental functions in order to efficiently allocate resources; meets with program team members on a regular basis to review program status and plan future actions; interfaces with customers to help define priorities within the engineering organization.
1) Creates and maintains schedules for engineering activities.
2) Coordinates with engineering management to set priorities and allocate resources to efficiently meet commitments.
3) Interfaces with customers on schedules and field issues. Keeps customers informed of program status.
4) Coordinates the efforts of the Engineering and Production departments to ensure programs are conducted in accordance with the requirements of sales orders and budgets. Advises management of the program status and problems (or potential problems) on a regular basis.
1) Ability to manage many schedules simultaneously.
2) Highly organized.
3) Ability to interact with customers and effectively translate their requirements to program deliverables.
4) Ability to manage relationships between large departments.
5) Originality and initiative are important as well as the ability to work under unusual or extreme pressures. Must be self-directed.
5) Anticipates potential schedule or priority delays and initiates plans for alternative actions.
1) B.S. degree required. Degree in an engineering discipline preferred.
2) Minimum 3 years program management experience in an engineering field.
3) Extensive knowledge of software tools such as Microsoft Project and Excel.
4) Experience interfacing with customers required.
Plug Power Inc. - 13 months ago