The mission of the United States Air Force is to
in air, space and cyberspace.
To achieve that mission, the Air Force has a vision of Global Vigilance, Reach and Power. That vision orbits around three core competencies: Developing Airmen, Technology-to-Warfighting and Integrating Operations. Core competencies and distinctive capabilities are based on a shared commitment to three core values --
integrity first, service before self, and excellence in all we do.
Military service member's "Statement of Service" will be accepted up to 120 days prior to separation date IF a terminal leave form or DD214 cannot be provided.
The "Statement of Service" must be signed by, or by direction of, the adjutant, personnel officer, or commander of your unit or higher headquarters and must indicate when your terminal leave will begin, your rank, dates of active duty service, the Type of Discharge and Character of Service (i.e. honorable).
WHO MAY APPLY:
for more information.
You MUST have one or more identified eligibilities in order to be considered.
**Air Force is not responsible for erroneous eligibilities you list or fail to list**
Air Force Employee (Current, Permanent, Competitive Service, Career/Career-Conditional Employee)
Incentive for prior non-federal or active duty uniformed service creditable for SCD being offered.
- U.S. Citizenship Required
- Travel and relocation expenses will not paid
- Pre-Employment Physical Required
Back to top
Back to top
At least one (1) year of specialized experience at the next lower grade (GS-07) or equivalent.
Specialized experience must include
developing work plans, labor, and materials required to accomplish the mechanical/utility work requirement based on scope established during on-site evaluation.
- The primary purpose of this position is to use standard, technical engineering practices in support of in-house, self-help, and contract work requirements.
Incumbent will determine engineering methodology, cost, manning, and materials necessary to accomplish work.
- Receives and processes all mechanical and utility system work requirements projects approved by the appropriate authority for accomplishment for the Civil Engineer Operations flight.
- Develops the work plan labor, and materials required to accomplish the mechanical/utility work requirement based on scope established during on-site evaluation. Acts as project manager through design, planning, and execution of work plans for in-house or contract execution.
- Provides work requirement evaluation, cost estimates, and recommended avenues of accomplishment for use in decision-making and prioritization by Flight management, work request review board, and senior base leadership.
- Actively participates in developing 5-year infrastructure plans for HVAC, fire protection, water sewerage, and other utility systems. Complies with health, safety, environmental rules and procedures, and performs work in a manner that enhances safety of the work environment.
Must present a courteous and presence when dealing with customers and co-workers.
To view qualifying educational requirements and/or combination of education and specialized experience click on the following link:
Click on the following link to view occupational requirements for this position:
(TIG) Requirement for General Schedule (GS) Positions:
Applicants must have served at least 52 weeks at the GS-07 or higher grade (or equivalent in an alternate pay system) within the Federal Civil Service to be considered for referral.
The purpose of TIG restrictions is to prevent excessively rapid promotions in competitive service GS positions and to protect competitive principles.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs): Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of knowledge, skills, abilities and/or competencies in the following areas:
1. Technical knowledge of Mechanical, Electrical, Civil, Building, and Structural engineering concepts, their principles and practices, and familiarity with other engineering disciplines, including architecture.
2. Knowledge of a broad range of federal, military, and commercial engineering and construction standards, methods, practices, and techniques, materials, and equipment to ensure work is in compliance with regulations and standards.
3. Knowledge of the operations, products, services, needs, and goals of Operations and Maintenance (O&M) programs and assigned organizations and related customers, functions, and resources.
4. Knowledge of automated data processing concepts, systems capabilities, and economic usage to effectively accumulate organize, manipulate and analyze data to identify trace forecast, etc. Ability to plan organize, conducts, and record site/facility and utility surveys and inspections and coordinate with other engineering disciplines and architects. Efficient in construction mathematics, algebra, geometry, trigonometry and physical science applications.
5. Knowledge of health, safety, and environmental requirements as outlined in applicable standards, regulations, and/or technical orders and letters.
6. Ability to analyze, interpret, and apply rules, regulations, and procedures in a variety of situations and recommend timely and economical solutions. Skilled in construction aspect of working drawing interpretation/preparation and specification writing/analysis. Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing and maintain good working relations.
PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE
Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid and or part-time work.
You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week.
ARE YOU USING YOUR EDUCATION TO QUALIFY?
provide transcripts to support your educational claims. Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Education completed in foreign colleges or universities may be used to meet the requirements. You must show proof the education credentials have been deemed to be at least equivalent to that gained in conventional
education program. It is your responsibility to provide such evidence when applying.
ADDITIONAL CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
1. Work may occasionally require travel away from the normal duty station on military for commercial aircraft.
2. Engineer technician registration/certification highly desirable.
3. The work may require the employee to drive a valid drivers license.
4. Employees name may have to be included in the unit or sections telephone recall roster.
5. May have to participate in occupational specialized training on base, or at remote locations.
6. May have to work as member of the Base Civilian recovery Force, unit control center, or perform other duties during exercises, contingencies, and recovery of base. May have to work long periods of overtime and unusual hours or shifts, during emergencies or disasters, as well as readiness exercises.
7. Incumbent must develop and maintain technical currency/proficiency in the field of facility maintenance, repair, construction techniques, materials, and equipment through local/industrial training seminars, technical publications, journals, professional contacts, etc.
8. Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
Physical Effort- Considerable walking and standing, climbing structures or ladders, and being hoisted by high reach equipment to view and inspect work sites. Carries and sets up parts and equipment that weigh up to fifty (50) pounds. Hoists, ladders, and pulleys are operated. Makes repairs and installations form ladders, scaffolding, and platforms where parts of systems worked are in hard-to-reach places; therefore, stretching, stooping, bending and kneeling are frequent.
Your latest resume will be used to determine your qualifications.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
To determine if you are qualified for this position, your resume will be reviewed and compared to your responses to the assessment questionnaire.
Applicants, who disqualify themselves, will not be evaluated further.
Back to top
Benefits of Working for the Federal Government -
for an overview of the benefits currently offered to Federal employees.
Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered or exempt from Selective Service.
For additional information, click
This announcement may result in a 90-day register that may be used to fill like vacancies for 90 days after the closing date. Applicants may be referred for consideration as vacancies occur.
: All Federal employees are required to have Federal salary payments made by direct deposit to a financial institution of their choosing.
HOW TO APPLY:
Back to top
To apply for this position, you must provide a complete Application Package which includes:
1. Your Résumé
2. A complete Occupational Questionnaire
3. Additional Required Documents (see Required Documents section below)
The complete Application Package
be submitted by 11:59 PM (EST) on Thursday, March 14, 2013
To begin the process, click the
button to create an account or log in to your existing USAJOBS account. Follow the prompts to complete the occupational questionnaire. Please ensure you click the
Submit My Answers
button at the end of the process.
To fax supporting documents you are unable to upload, click
for the required cover page.
This Vacancy ID is 824274. Fax your documents to
If you cannot apply online:
1. Click the following link to view and print the questionnaire
View Occupational Questionnaire
2. OPM Form 1203-FX must be provided to show your responses to the occupational questionnaire.
The numbering sequence on the OPM Form 1203-FX will not match the Occupational Questionnaire.
Section 25 of the Occupational Questionnaire restarts with number one, so when entering your responses please continue regardless of number sequence.
This issue has been identified and will be resolved as soon as possible. Applicants are responsible for ensuring their responses are transferred accurately.
for the OPM Form 1203-FX., and
3. Fax all required documents to
. Your OPM Form 1203-FX will be the cover page for your fax transmission.
It is the applicants responsibility to verify that information entered, uploaded, or faxed (i.e., resume) is received, accurate and submitted by the closing date.
You may verify your documents have been processed with your application package successfully by clicking
Uploaded documents may take up to one hour to clear the virus scan.
Faxed documents take 2-3 business days to process.
modify or change any answers submitted by an applicant.
The following documents are required and must be provided by the closing date of the announcement.
- If you submit a resume with inappropriate material e.g. photos, you will not be considered for this vacancy. Your resume may be submitted in any format. For qualifications determinations your resume must contain hours worked per week and the dates of employment (i.e., HRS per week and month/year to month/year or month/year to present). Resumes that do not contain this information will be marked as insufficient and applicants may not receive consideration for this position.
If selected, you will be required to submit the following documents to substantiate your eligibility and/or qualifications. A list of required documents for all eligibilities may be located
SF50, DD214, Proof of Disability, Certification of Job Readiness, etc.
if qualifying based on education or positive education series
If you are faxing any documents, click
for the official cover sheet to print.
The fax number is 478-757-3144
Ensure all submitted documents contain your full name, address, phone number and last four digits of your social security number.
AGENCY CONTACT INFO:
Air Force Personnel Center
308 N First Street
Department of the Air Force - 19 months ago
The mission of the United States Air Force is to fly, fight and win...in air, space and cyberspace. To achieve that mission, the Air Force...