The department of Enterprise Application Services within Ithaca College’s office of Information Technology Services ( ITS ) invites applications for a four-year temporary Enterprise Application Developer position to provide a variety of application development services to support college-wide enterprise application solutions, including custom developed campus portals and content management systems. We are looking for qualified candidates that would be excited to join a fun, energetic team and have an opportunity to participate in several new campus wide initiatives. Ithaca College’s new strategic plan, IC20/20, positions Ithaca College to offer a truly distinct integrated learning experience. This position is fully funded for 4 years with the possibility of continuation.
Nestled in the heart of New York State’s scenic Finger Lakes region, Ithaca College sits atop South Hill overlooking picturesque Cayuga Lake and is just minutes away from the city center. Combining small town warmth and charm with the vibrancy of a college community, the thriving and culturally diverse city of Ithaca has been rated by Kiplinger’s as one of the top 10 places to live in the U.S. To learn more about Ithaca College, visit us at www.ithaca.edu.
Responsibilities: Develop and maintain applications and services to support the College’s enterprise application solutions. Write, test and maintain programs and applications in specific languages and develop detailed documentation. Work in conjunction with the Enterprise Application Architect(s) and end-users in defining the logical toolset to facilitate determined business needs. Assist in the design of user interface with applications and assess the flow of the application, usability, navigation and enterprise wide uniformity. Perform validation and other testing as necessary. Assist with testing, debugging, upgrades and patches of in-house developed and purchased software solutions as appropriate. Adhere to established standards related to application development.
1. Develop an in-depth knowledge and understanding of all aspects associated with the development environment to include hardware, environmental software, applications software, utilities, system processors, system standards and general systems development procedures.
2. Write, test, and maintain programs and applications in specific languages and for a variety of presentation technologies (Web, desktop, mobile, etc.); adhere to Information Technology Services standards regarding documentation, coding techniques, and security. Develop database-driven programs and applications.
3. Write code based on requirements developed by the Application Architect(s), clients and Developer Team Manager.
4. Assist with the design of the user interaction with applications to include the general feel and flow of the application from screen to screen; usability, clear navigation, thoughtfully organized functions, clear and consistent controls, and enterprise wide functionality. As appropriate, adhere to visual design standards established by Marketing Communications.
5. Participate in the analysis of business processes and help to define the most logical toolset to facilitate determined business needs.
6. Remain fluent in assigned programming languages and environments, including relational database technology and SQL programming.
7. Develop new and utilize existing service oriented architecture design principles.
8. Ensure user interface-level security to protect against unauthorized access of screen/functions, and establish systems to prevent malicious injections.
9. Write documentation related to development work.
10. Assist with testing, debugging, upgrades and patches of in-house developed and purchased software solutions as appropriate.
11. Work with Application Architect(s) and Developer Team Manager to perform functional validation and other testing to include load and regression testing.
12. Assist with troubleshooting code and identify resolution of program errors or bugs.
Position/Job Responsibilities continued
Required qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related technical field and a minimum of 3 years experience building and maintaining dynamic software solutions and performing business process analysis or the equivalent combination of education and experience; demonstrated proficiency in analysis and design, programming, testing, and documentation; experience with Oracle Database Development using PL/ SQL ; strong organizational, written and verbal communication skills required.
Instructions for submitting your application:
Interested individuals must apply online at apply.icjobs.org and attach a cover letter, a resume, and the contact information for three (3) professional references. Questions about online application may be directed to the Office of Human Resources at (607) 274-8000. Review of applications will begin immediately.
Ithaca College is committed to building a diverse academic community and encourages members of underrepresented groups to apply. Experience that contributes to the diversity of the college is appreciated.
Ithaca College - 30+ days ago
A comprehensive college that since its founding in 1892 has recognized the value of combining theory and performance, Ithaca provides a rigo...